Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building Regulations Consultation

Building Regulations Consultation

http://www.libdemvoice.org/andrew-st...mes-26920.html

Andrew Stunell MP writes… The Building Regulations: Taking the next step
towards zero carbon homes
By Andrew Stunell MP | Published 2nd February 2012 - 10:53 am

The upgrading of the building regulations happens once every three
years. I signed off the most recent upgrade in October 2010, which
required a 25% increase in energy efficiency standards for new build
homes. We’re now consulting on the changes for the next upgrade, most of
which are due to come into force in 2013.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/planni...ationschanges/

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Feb 4, 5:08 pm, "george [dicegeorge]"
wrote:

The upgrading of the building regulations happens once every three
years. I signed off the most recent upgrade in October 2010, which
required a 25% increase in energy efficiency standards for new build
homes. We’re now consulting on the changes for the next upgrade, most of
which are due to come into force in 2013.

Not a fan of this "consequential improvement" stuff at all. Forced to
have cavity wall insulation or equivalent if you change your windows,
and forced to fund it via a Government backed loan (as it reads to
me)? What a complete nonsense and an affront to civil liberties over
one's property.

If you want to force people into such improvements, it should not be
consequential to having another beneficial piece of work done. But it
should not be forced, in any case; instead incentives are better.

Neil

Agreed - Even worse if you have no heating because your boiler cannot be
repaired - and the job of replacing the boiler brings with it other
consequential work triggered by this "distress purchase". All of which may
happen at the time one can least cope with it.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

All part of the government finding new ways to relieve you of your
money.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The upgrading of the building regulations happens once every three
years. I signed off the most recent upgrade in October 2010, which
required a 25% increase in energy efficiency standards for new build
homes. We’re now consulting on the changes for the next upgrade, most of
which are due to come into force in 2013.

Not a fan of this "consequential improvement" stuff at all. Forced to
have cavity wall insulation or equivalent if you change your windows,
and forced to fund it via a Government backed loan (as it reads to
me)?

I don't think that you're "forced to fund", it means that your only obliged
to do it if it could be funded that way.

So you won't have to do it if:

The returns aren't sufficient to cove the (asumed) loan.

or

you aren't eligible for the loan, which (without checking) probably includes
improvements by LL investors

tim

new building regulations Andrew Carr UK diy 10 December 27th 06 05:19 PM
building regulations for outside loo sm_jamieson UK diy 3 July 4th 06 05:10 PM
Building Regulations jason UK diy 10 January 5th 06 09:40 PM
Building Regulations Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 3 August 8th 03 08:05 PM