Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DECT handsets with shared directories: whats the latest for 2012?

Hello all

I need a new DECT phone. What is the state of teh art for 2012!
Any recommendations? Desired features:-
- good shared directory/ caller/ redial list (I want
directory sync not directory copy)
- good clear display of numerics/fonts I can read
without glasses
- lit keypad and display
- two handsets
- no tape or recorder needed

=== reposts of comments posted on a similar veins over the years.!

Years ago I had a Philips Onis 300. Which is the only DECT phone I have
seen with a useable shared directory/ caller/ redial list. However it
had a poor display which faded over time and was difficult to read in
poor lighting. Also the keypad numerals wore off off.

I then bought a Siemens Gigaset SL565 which had great reviews. However I
suspect Siemens had invested more in some virus marketing campaigns then
in handset design. It was a joke as far as software features were
concerned and although you could manually copy memories from one handset
to another, it didnt sync the handsets at all. It had some killer
software flaws. Siemens support is a joke.

For the record I also tried a Panasonic KX-TG8321 which I do not think
much of at all!
poor GUI and user interface (never shows time/number when needed)
no proper shared directory (very poor phonebook 'copy')
no shared caller/ redial list
lots of half working features such as groups/ringtones/backgrounds
poor and unreliable working range
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:06:05 -0000, Fergus McMenemie
wrote:

[...]

Our creakingly ancient Ericsson has a shared directory. Can't imagine
doing without that, despite being just a couple of us in the house. But
when we have looked, that has been the killer missing feature of numerous
phones.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fergus McMenemie wrote:

I need a new DECT phone. What is the state of teh art for 2012!
Any recommendations? Desired features:-
- good shared directory/ caller/ redial list (I want
directory sync not directory copy)
- good clear display of numerics/fonts I can read
without glasses
- lit keypad and display
- two handsets
- no tape or recorder needed

Another feature you might want to check- socket for headset.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.