Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need help with new motherboard

"Endulini" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Sorry this is somewhat off topic but it's DIY in a sense and I've always
found the computer knowledge base in this NG extremely helpful and well
informed.

I've just installed a new Intel DJ35JO mobo + Duo E6600 in an old case
that I've had around for a while, the PSU is a relatively new 24 pin ATX
500v . The processor + fan were already installed so I plumbed in the
board, PSU (both 4 pin and 24 pin plugs) + 1GB memory and fired up to see
if it it was working ok. Both LEDs on the board lit to show they were
functioning ok but the system doesn't boot to the BIOS nor is there any
output to the monitor. There are no POST beeps either - just silence. I
tried removing the memory card and booting and that did elicit the
expected 3 beep no memory warning so I'm sure the board is ok.....

I'm kind of stuck at this point, can anyone provide me with a way forward?

Cheers

Thanks Everyone, problem sorted. Not to sure what exactly it was but
resetting the CMOS and reseating the memory got everything going. Still no
POST beep though!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:53:00 +0000, Endulini wrote:

"Endulini" wrote in message
[...]

Have you plugged the speaker in? Newer Intel motherboards tend not to
have the on-board sounder.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Endulini" wrote in message
[...]

The on-board is working ok as if I take all the memory out I get some error
beeps