Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker splash guard strip thing? What is ti called?

I have a cooker which is smaller than the space it's in. I'm looking for a strip to go along the side to cover the gap (to make it look better and stop food falling down the gap), but I've no idea what to look for - can anyone give me a name?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Did you hear about the little Indian chief who didn't know the difference between heads and tails?
He was always bringing home scalps with holes in them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 19, 12:11*am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:54:21 -0000, Lobster wrote:
On 18/01/2012 21:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I have a cooker which is smaller than the space it's in. I'm looking for
a strip to go along the side to cover the gap (to make it look better
and stop food falling down the gap), but I've no idea what to look for -
can anyone give me a name?

Worktop joint strip? *Not sure there's anything specific for the purpose
you describe

Yes that's the thing I was thinking of, thanks!

But.... I need one fairly wide.

You will have to make one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 19/01/2012 08:33, harry wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:11 am, "Lieutenant wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:54:21 -0000, wrote:
On 18/01/2012 21:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I have a cooker which is smaller than the space it's in. I'm looking for
a strip to go along the side to cover the gap (to make it look better
and stop food falling down the gap), but I've no idea what to look for -
can anyone give me a name?

Worktop joint strip? Not sure there's anything specific for the purpose
you describe

Yes that's the thing I was thinking of, thanks!

But.... I need one fairly wide.

You will have to make one.

It would help if you if you inform the group how wide `fairly wide` is.
One of the strips that is available is approx 8mm wide, so one either
side could get you 16mm.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:11:32 -0000, ss wrote:

On 19/01/2012 08:33, harry wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:11 am, "Lieutenant wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:54:21 -0000, wrote:
On 18/01/2012 21:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I have a cooker which is smaller than the space it's in. I'm looking for
a strip to go along the side to cover the gap (to make it look better
and stop food falling down the gap), but I've no idea what to look for -
can anyone give me a name?

Worktop joint strip? Not sure there's anything specific for the purpose
you describe

Yes that's the thing I was thinking of, thanks!

But.... I need one fairly wide.

You will have to make one.

It would help if you if you inform the group how wide `fairly wide` is.
One of the strips that is available is approx 8mm wide, so one either
side could get you 16mm.

Gap is 23mm. And one side is the cooker which I don't which to screw into.

I think I'll just make one - I have some sheets of metal in the attic.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'
So I bought her a set of scales.
And then the fight started...