Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy Aero Ply in Hampshire/Wiltshire

Does anyone know where I can get some Aero-ply from within striking
distance of Winchester? Thickness needs to be around 1mm and size at
least 425x170mm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get some Aero-ply from within striking
distance of Winchester? Thickness needs to be around 1mm and size at
least 425x170mm

Totton Timber stock a large range of exterior and interior European Birch
Plywood, from a very thin 0.4mm to a 24mm thick. The thin plywood is useful
in model making, whilst the interior Birch Plywood is also good when using
laser cutters, as used many schools. As you would expect, we also stock the
more day to day sheet materials, for example O.S.B. (Orientated Strand
Board), which can be used in some instances to replace Shuttering Plywood.
Hardboard, Oil Tempered Hardboard, Whitefaced Medium Density Fiberboard and
Pegboard. We also stock a range of Marine Plywood for those moisture
intensive applications.

http://www.tottontimber.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get some Aero-ply from within striking
distance of Winchester? Thickness needs to be around 1mm and size at
least 425x170mm

Dave,

It might be worth a call to Bamptons. It is the sort of thing they might
just carry. They don't do email so you have to speak to a human!!

I've not seen it a Totton Timber but again might be worth a call.

They guys at http://www.chandlers-ford-timber.com/ are pretty helpful
and seem to be able to get hold of most things with a bit of notice.
They do email

hth

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sorted: Where to buy Aero Ply in Hampshire/Wiltshire

On 10/12/2011 19:02, NoSpam wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get some Aero-ply from within striking
distance of Winchester? Thickness needs to be around 1mm and size at
least 425x170mm

Thanks to Richard and Bob - thanking Bob is in danger of becoming a
habit ;-)
Totton and Bamptons both had 0.8, but Bamptons were nearer and cheaper.
Now all I need is the time to get this job started amongst all the
others that are in varying states (why is it so much more interesting to
plan and to start than to finish?)
FYI the ply is needed to make a body template for a Tenor Guitar that
I'll be starting at West Dean in January.

125 Tools Inc, Kudos - New Hampshire Al Bundy Home Repair 0 July 29th 07 11:12 PM
aero beds apapi Home Repair 2 June 16th 06 11:34 PM
Lime plasterer - Swindon or Wiltshire Fash UK diy 1 March 16th 06 11:03 AM
Compaq Aero 8000 Handheld PC Pro help daltext Electronics Repair 0 January 28th 05 02:22 PM
oil fired boiler installation, west berks/wiltshire area James UK diy 1 July 18th 03 09:06 PM