Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FoE have a FIT

On 15 Nov, 12:54, hugh ] wrote:
In message , The Other Mike
writes

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:28:58 -0800 (PST), JohnW
wrote:

On 12 Nov, 03:21, John Rumm wrote:

Why do they think that creating more jobs per kwh is a "good thing"? What
they are in effect suggesting is that we should be looking to minimise
the efficiency of an industry so as to use as many people as possible,
to do as little as possible.

Presumably the answer is millions of generator bicycles, which would
solve the energy crisis and provide employment at the same time.

I'd use them for fuel. FoE that is. *I know they'll be a bit wet
behind the ears but surely we can lock them up in a secure facility,
farm them on lentils, and extract useful quantities of methane gas.

When the gas production falls off we should burn them and as this
final disposal is a fully carbon neutral process I can't see any
reason for them to complain.

Unbelievably in the DT today is an article complaining that the
government have cut the Fit that "they" pay to those who fit solar
panels.

FFS everybody knows it's the other consumers who pay including those who
can barely afford to heat their homes and another 25000 will die
prematurely this winter through a combination of cold and malnutrition.
--
hugh- Hide quoted text -

I'd take the above seriously if I thought there was a hope in hell of
energy companies passing on any of their reduced cost to customers.

Cheers
Richard