DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mains LED panel indicators (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/330667-mains-led-panel-indicators.html)

John Stumbles October 18th 11 09:41 AM

mains LED panel indicators

Some months ago I bought a couple of quite neat mains voltage LED panel
indicators - white LEDs, chromed bezel, about 1/2" (in old money) hole
fitting, couple of flying leads. Now I could do with some more. I thought
I'd bought them from CPC but can't find them in the catalogue, online or
in any of my old order forms. Maplin maybe? No dice there! CPC do have
some mains LEDs but not white, and quite expensive (can't remember how
much these were but I've an idea they were well under a fiver).

Any clues where to get such things?
(FWIW you can see the indicator in action on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAZfCepqM0)

--
John Stumbles

There's nowt as queer as folk.
Especially other folk.

Tim Lamb[_2_] October 18th 11 10:19 AM

mains LED panel indicators

In message , John Stumbles
writes
Some months ago I bought a couple of quite neat mains voltage LED panel
indicators - white LEDs, chromed bezel, about 1/2" (in old money) hole
fitting, couple of flying leads. Now I could do with some more. I thought
I'd bought them from CPC but can't find them in the catalogue, online or
in any of my old order forms. Maplin maybe? No dice there! CPC do have
some mains LEDs but not white, and quite expensive (can't remember how
much these were but I've an idea they were well under a fiver).

Any clues where to get such things?
(FWIW you can see the indicator in action on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAZfCepqM0)

CC payment record or do you shred them?

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Robin October 18th 11 10:40 AM

mains LED panel indicators

cd it be what CPC *used* to stock -
http://uk.farnell.com/cml-innovative...ite/dp/1369252 ?

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

therustyone October 18th 11 11:24 AM

mains LED panel indicators

On Oct 18, 9:41*am, John Stumbles wrote:
Some months ago I bought a couple of quite neat mains voltage LED panel
indicators - white LEDs, chromed bezel, about 1/2" (in old money) hole
fitting, couple of flying leads. Now I could do with some more. I thought
I'd bought them from CPC but can't find them in the catalogue, online or
in any of my old order forms. Maplin maybe? No dice there! CPC do have
some mains LEDs but not white, and quite expensive (can't remember how
much these were but I've an idea they were well under a fiver).

Any clues where to get such things?
(FWIW you can see the indicator in action onhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAZfCepqM0)

--
John Stumbles

There's nowt as queer as folk.
Especially other folk.

Try RS components item 207-258 at £11.22 each

Wht LED round lens black plastic,230Vac
Type: Panel Mount
Light Output Colour: White
Lamp Type: LED
Lamp Size: 16 mm
Termination Type: Tab

rusty

John Stumbles October 18th 11 01:02 PM

mains LED panel indicators

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:40:32 +0100, Robin wrote:

cd it be what CPC *used* to stock -
http://uk.farnell.com/cml-innovative.../192d023w/led-

indicator-12mm-230v-white/dp/1369252

similar but mine had flying leads

--
John Stumbles

The floggings will continue until morale improves

John Stumbles October 18th 11 01:03 PM

mains LED panel indicators

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 03:24:02 -0700, therustyone wrote:

Try RS components item 207-258 at £11.22 each

Ouch! CPC have coloured ones cheaper which I could use if needs be. I'm
not so much fussed about the colour as miffed I can't find more of the
ones I've already got!

--
John Stumbles

Never believe anyone who claims to be a liar

NT[_2_] October 18th 11 01:46 PM

mains LED panel indicators

On Oct 18, 1:03*pm, John Stumbles wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 03:24:02 -0700, therustyone wrote:
Try RS components item *207-258 *at £11.22 each

Ouch! CPC have coloured ones cheaper which I could use if needs be. I'm
not so much fussed about the colour as miffed I can't find more of the
ones I've already got!

Try rapidonline. I dont know if they have these specific ones but
theyve got a lot of LED stuff, the quality's good, and the prices are
far saner than a fiver.

NT

John Stumbles October 20th 11 12:16 AM

mains LED panel indicators

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:41:47 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

Some months ago I bought a couple of quite neat mains voltage LED panel
indicators - white LEDs, chromed bezel, about 1/2" (in old money) hole
fitting, couple of flying leads. Now I could do with some more. I
thought I'd bought them from CPC but can't find them in the catalogue,

D'oh! "indicators" not "LEDs"!

http://cpc.farnell.com/apem/q14p3cxx...m-proud-white/
dp/SC09412

ad they do yellow ones a bit cheaper
http://cpc.farnell.com/apem/q14p3cxx...-proud-yellow/
dp/SC09410

--
John Stumbles

Sent from my PDP-8 by toggling the switches on the front panel.

John Stumbles October 20th 11 12:23 AM

mains LED panel indicators

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:16:37 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

http://cpc.farnell.com/apem/q14p3cxx...or-14mm-proud-

white/
dp/SC09412

and others - range here