Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A most amazing occurrence

I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

You'll have to look in cam.misc for your reply, the OP set followups
there for some reason.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

It seems to only not work if I reply to original OP because it works
with a later poster. ???
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

I see your later(?) stoat reply, plus your test thread and this thread
all in uk.d-i-y on giganews

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

I see your later(?) stoat reply, plus your test thread and this thread
all in uk.d-i-y on giganews

It only failed when I clicked on the original post and tried to reply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
F Murtz wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

I see your later(?) stoat reply, plus your test thread and this thread
all in uk.d-i-y on giganews

It only failed when I clicked on the original post and tried to reply.

It didn't fail, but the OP sent it to a different newsgroup.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

You'll have to look in cam.misc for your reply, the OP set followups
there for some reason.

Nick

I set it randomly actually

Albsni has some strnage ideas about X-posting.......

"Why is my crosspost not accepted?

Cross posting heated discussions from a high-traffic group to a
low-traffic group can destroy the smaller group, especially if the
discussion is off-topic there. One reason for the severity of cross post
floodding is that only few users ever check the adequacy of the group
list in their reply. For that reason Albasani is configured to require a
thread should continue.

Unfortunately Outlook Express hides this feature in an obscure menu
item. See How to set a Followup-To with Outlook Express

Affected groups

The restriction applies to group names matching at least one of the
following words.

0d
kook
politics
politiek
politik
politique
alt.config
ch.talk
rec.photo.digital
soc.culture"

This means that I cant post acceptably to a spectrum of - say -
uk.d-i-y, cam.misc (for localish interest) and the sorts of posts that
appear in uk.d-i-y X posted to places like alt.computer.hardware etc etc
don't work properly either.

Is probably time to find a better news feed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick Leverton wrote:
In igpond.com,
F wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

I see your later(?) stoat reply, plus your test thread and this thread
all in uk.d-i-y on giganews

It only failed when I clicked on the original post and tried to reply.

It didn't fail, but the OP sent it to a different newsgroup.

Nick

Did not see that just replied as usual,he caused me to send Ferret a few
times and people on the other group would be wondering what th I was up to.
Why would any one not want uk.d-i-y folk to see follow ups to their
question. I notice another poster made follow ups to his follow up to
uk.diy only would that be a quiet protest?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com, F
Murtz writes
Nick Leverton wrote:
In igpond.com,
F wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

I see your later(?) stoat reply, plus your test thread and this thread
all in uk.d-i-y on giganews

It only failed when I clicked on the original post and tried to reply.

It didn't fail, but the OP sent it to a different newsgroup.

Nick

Did not see that just replied as usual,he caused me to send Ferret a
few times and people on the other group would be wondering what th I
was up to.
Why would any one not want uk.d-i-y folk to see follow ups to their
question. I notice another poster made follow ups to his follow up to
uk.diy only would that be a quiet protest?

Turnpike would not post to cam.misc only. Presumably because it is not
selected in my news list. The message simply stayed in the outbox.

When someone mentioned the follow up setting I stripped out cam.misc
rather than just adding uk.d-i-y, nothing sinister intended:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A very astoat observation, do you mink its weaselling out of carrying the
thread?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"F Murtz" wrote in message
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show up
either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or reply
to a different post it works.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

its all too much. I personally feel that if something incorrectly gets to a
group not intended its as annoying as it flooding another group. after all
one does not have to read all posts, not even in outlook express.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!
Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , F Murtz
wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 1:29*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , F Murtz wrote:
[...]

Noted, TNP, not cross pointed for a while, I stick to cam.misc as
people I know
or... not know.

BTW your 3 cats here are thriving, playful and eating well!
Lyn

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , F Murtz wrote:
[...]

TNP,

Very Interesting.

I do hope newsgroups survive, possibly one of the oldest part of the
Internet.
Lyn
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:
Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , F Murtz wrote:
[...]

The group comp.lang.c was subject to an attack like this at one point
- I believe they called it a "splashback" attack. Someone who didn't
like the group posted lots of plausible questions in other groups,
with followups set only to comp.lang.c, which consequently filled up
with lots of well-meaning answers to irrelevant questions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2011 12:29 a.m., F Murtz wrote:
I just tried to reply to "Is this a stoat" but it does not seem to show
up either from eternal september or bigpond but if I test (new post)or
reply to a different post it works.

Fascinating.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Paul N wrote:

The group comp.lang.c was subject to an attack like this at one point
- I believe they called it a "splashback" attack. Someone who didn't
like the group posted lots of plausible questions in other groups,
with followups set only to comp.lang.c, which consequently filled up
with lots of well-meaning answers to irrelevant questions.

Which, for no good reason, reminds me that Dennis Ritchie died over the
weekend. I was the world's worst programmer, but one of the few things
that I did (eventually) understand was C.

WOW THIS GUY IS AMAZING LouPaul Home Ownership 1 July 24th 09 02:20 PM
Amazing !!! youtube300 Woodworking 0 November 17th 06 10:46 PM
Amazing !!! youtube300 UK diy 1 November 14th 06 11:47 PM
Amazing !!! youtube300 Home Repair 0 November 14th 06 10:04 PM
this is Amazing!! NewsgroupAds Home Ownership 0 October 13th 05 01:44 PM