Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wickes laminate flooring

Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2011 23:33, F wrote:
Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Medway Handyman
escribió:

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

Surely it all comes out of the same factory?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

Surely it all comes out of the same factory?

It does - doesn't mean it's all the same though.

In my experience, B&Q stuff (higher end anyway) is excellent, Wickes higher
end stuff is ok, B&Q cheap stuff is next, then the wickes cheap stuff. As
Dave says, avoid the Homebase stuff - it's crap.

Some of the non shed stuff is pretty good - and pretty expensive as well.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:

Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

Forget it and use Pergo - as laminate goes, I can personally attest that
that is OK.

Does your budget allow for considering engineered wood instead (eg Kahrs) -
lays in exactly the same way, no more work and will last many times longer.

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 01:16:12 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 03/10/2011 23:33, F wrote:
Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

I was looking at Wickes' stuff for a neighbour. The tile effect seems to be
the most durable and resistant to water. It is, however, quite thick.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2011 23:33, F wrote:
Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

I was looking at Wickes' stuff for a neighbour. The tile effect seems to be
the most durable and resistant to water. It is, however, quite thick.

It is thicker, yeah. This is a good thing.

The thin stuff is a pain IME.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

On Oct 3, 11:33*pm, F news@nowhere wrote:
Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the
'Oak effect' product:http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flo...t/invt/215587/

I used some of this a few months ago to tart up a couple of rooms in
my last house. Once down it looked fine and seemed pretty robust but
I had a problem fitting it: It seemed that some packs were cut out of
square at the ends. A run from the same pack would be fine but mixing
the two types (it seemed there were only two) meant there was a small
deflection in the run. I found this when one row kept popping out of
the joints. Once I identified the problem, it wasn't too much of a
problem to deal with, but that would depend on the size of the room
etc. Given the price/quality I would probably buy it again for a
similar project but make sure I had plenty spare to ensure I could
solve this problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , D.M.Chapman dmc@puffin.?
escribió:

In my experience, B&Q stuff (higher end anyway) is excellent, Wickes higher
end stuff is ok, B&Q cheap stuff is next, then the wickes cheap stuff.

Glad you said that, I've just laid an 8m x 6m room with the B&Q oak-
effect stuff.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the advice: appreciated!

We ended up with Kronofix Royal Oak.

Wickes laminate flooring GMM UK diy 0 November 23rd 10 12:18 AM
Wickes Easy Lay Laminate - seem to have cracked it! John UK diy 7 April 5th 10 11:01 AM
Wickes Fast Fix 12 Laminate Flooring John UK diy 4 March 28th 10 08:27 PM
Wickes' Kiln Dried T+G flooring Richard Savage UK diy 4 October 16th 04 10:05 PM
Wickes Bordeaux Pine Flooring review. Andrew Barnes UK diy 3 October 24th 03 04:07 PM