Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Part P & Regulation rollback website

I cant find where build regs & related isues are on
http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/
Anyone know?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NT wrote:

I cant find where build regs& related isues are on
http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/
Anyone know?

Buggered if I can find anything to do with building regs on there,
doesn't seem to fit any of their 'spotlights'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I cant find where build regs& related isues are on
http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/
Anyone know?

Buggered if I can find anything to do with building regs on there,
doesn't seem to fit any of their 'spotlights'

I think the line wd be that it's all being dealt with as part of the
work on future changes to the building regulations where DCLG promise a
consultation document later this year. See
http://www.communities.gov.uk/planni...ationschanges/

In a bit more detail, in "Future changes to the Building Regulations -
next steps" in December 2010 DCLG said they would work with their
external partners to establish final proposals on, among many other
things, the scope for reducing the burden of Part P. I gather that work
includes "taking evidence" from lobby groups such as the Electrical
Safety Council supported by NICEIC, NAPIT etc. But so far as I could
establish DCLG made no efforts to get further evidence from consumers or
others who responded to the Your Freedom or Cut Red Tape websites. So
I'd not hold your breath for deregulation in the Part P area.
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

consultation document later this year. Seehttp://www.communities.gov.uk/planningandbuilding/about/buildingregul...

In a bit more detail, in "Future changes to the Building Regulations -
next steps" in December 2010 DCLG said they would work with their
external partners to establish final proposals on, among many other
things, the scope for reducing the burden of Part P. *I gather that work
includes "taking evidence" from lobby groups such as the Electrical
Safety Council supported by NICEIC, NAPIT etc. But so far as I could
establish DCLG made no efforts to get further evidence from consumers or
others who responded to the Your Freedom or Cut Red Tape websites. *So
I'd not hold your breath for deregulation in the Part P area.

so just another exercise in not doing what was promised.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 24, 9:05 am, NT wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:04 am, "Robin" wrote:

[...]

and they wonder about apparent apathy......

Jim K