Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Landis & Gyr central heating timer

I have a Landis & Gyr central heating timer next to a Pottorton
kingfisher 2 boiler. One of its movable time segment is not turning
the HW off.(£££)

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where i can find a
installation manual for this.

Also I am about to take the top plate off and put it back and hope
this will cure it. I know i need to turn the boiler power off (240v)
but in doing so, will i have to re-light the boiler or not.

Thank you
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Aug, 11:08, john smile wrote:
I have a Landis & Gyr central heating timer next to a Pottorton
kingfisher 2 boiler. *One of its movable time segment is not turning
the HW off.(£££)

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where i can find a
installation manual for this.

Also I am about to take the top plate off and put it back and hope
this will cure it. I know i need to turn the boiler *power off (240v)
but in doing so, will i have to re-light the boiler or not.

Thank you

Is this the beastie?
http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....tions/rwb2.pdf

It is a bit difficult without knowing the model number of the
programmer and what "plan" your system conforms to, but if it is a
typical pumped CH/HW system with a cylinder thermostat, and your
cylinder is correctly lagged, it should not make a huge amount of
difference as the cylinder thermostat should switch off the boiler
instead of the programmer.

If you switch the mains off to your boiler, it should not affect the
pilot light.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
john smile writes
I have a Landis & Gyr central heating timer next to a Pottorton
kingfisher 2 boiler. One of its movable time segment is not turning
the HW off.(£££)

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where i can find a
installation manual for this.

Also I am about to take the top plate off and put it back and hope
this will cure it. I know i need to turn the boiler power off (240v)
but in doing so, will i have to re-light the boiler or not.

Landis and Gyr made quite a number of timers - which one ?

e.g. RWB2, RWB2E ?

It will be written on the rear of the device,

You don't really need to turn the system off, just undo the two screws
and pull it off the backplate , you're not going to electrocute yourself
or damage the boiler, ... unless you poke the live terminals on the
backplate with your finger, of course

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2011 11:08, john smile wrote:
I have a Landis& Gyr central heating timer next to a Pottorton
kingfisher 2 boiler. One of its movable time segment is not turning
the HW off.(£££)

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where i can find a
installation manual for this.

Also I am about to take the top plate off and put it back and hope
this will cure it. I know i need to turn the boiler power off (240v)
but in doing so, will i have to re-light the boiler or not.

Thank you

If you're still using a programmer with a mechanical time-switch, maybe
it's time to junk it - and get an electronic one?
--
Cheers,
Roger