DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bending 8mm and 10mm pipe, bending spring or cheap pipe bender? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/327241-bending-8mm-10mm-pipe-bending-spring-cheap-pipe-bender.html)

[email protected] August 13th 11 03:25 PM

Bending 8mm and 10mm pipe, bending spring or cheap pipe bender?

I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green

fred August 13th 11 03:47 PM

Bending 8mm and 10mm pipe, bending spring or cheap pipe bender?

In article , writes
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

The bending tool is far quicker and easier to use, go for it! I have one
the same and it is great, or rather it was once I'd filed the 3/8"
mandrel out so a 10mm pipe could fit (good old CPC selling cheap junk
imperial sized as metric).

Any comments?

Arse, arse, ********, arse (not a good day today)
--
fred

BigWallop[_5_] August 13th 11 04:04 PM

wrote in message ...
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green

This one might suit you better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-1-SMALL-...-10mm-TUBING-/
180707677974?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash= item2a13045716

Watch out for line splitting on the link

[email protected] August 13th 11 04:10 PM

On Aug 13, 3:25*pm, wrote:
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
* *http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? *Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green

Not used a mini-pipe bender, but 15/22m pipe benders are far superior
to bending springs.

With a new tool, you may have to deburr a bit with a file around the
pipe entry/exit points from the curved channel, and a little bit of
grease in the channel also helps.

EricP August 13th 11 04:31 PM

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 15:25:45 +0100, wrote:

I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

A 6/8/10 bender at £10 would be preferable to any spring.

gazz August 13th 11 05:34 PM

Bending 8mm and 10mm pipe, bending spring or cheap pipe bender?

you may have to deburr a bit with a file around the
pipe entry/exit points from the curved channel, and a little bit of
grease in the channel also helps.

Fnaar fnaar, snick snick, yip yip etc :)