Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bending 8mm and 10mm pipe, bending spring or cheap pipe bender?

I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , writes
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

The bending tool is far quicker and easier to use, go for it! I have one
the same and it is great, or rather it was once I'd filed the 3/8"
mandrel out so a 10mm pipe could fit (good old CPC selling cheap junk
imperial sized as metric).

Any comments?

Arse, arse, ********, arse (not a good day today)
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green

This one might suit you better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-1-SMALL-...-10mm-TUBING-/
180707677974?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash= item2a13045716

Watch out for line splitting on the link

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 13, 3:25*pm, wrote:
I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
* *http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? *Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

--
Chris Green

Not used a mini-pipe bender, but 15/22m pipe benders are far superior
to bending springs.

With a new tool, you may have to deburr a bit with a file around the
pipe entry/exit points from the curved channel, and a little bit of
grease in the channel also helps.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 15:25:45 +0100, wrote:

I need to bend a mix of 8mm and 10mm copper pipe, I see that one can
get pipe bending springs for this (that seem to go outside the pipe)
and also simple pipe benders like this:-
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph...oogle/sn/FAIMB

Which should I go for? Currently I'm tempted to go for the tool (or
one like it) rather than the spring(s).

Any comments?

A 6/8/10 bender at £10 would be preferable to any spring.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

you may have to deburr a bit with a file around the
pipe entry/exit points from the curved channel, and a little bit of
grease in the channel also helps.

Fnaar fnaar, snick snick, yip yip etc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

you may have to deburr a bit with a file around the
pipe entry/exit points from the curved channel, and a little bit of
grease in the channel also helps.

Fnaar fnaar, snick snick, yip yip etc

flexible copper pipe "plumb sticks" or pipe bending Fred UK diy 24 June 16th 17 11:17 PM
Bending 10mm copper plastic coated pipe Donwill UK diy 0 August 21st 06 01:49 PM
Bending Pipe 360 Zipper Metalworking 1 June 12th 05 05:53 AM
Bending PVC Pipe - Anybody Done It? Joe Metalworking 9 July 31st 04 11:22 PM
Pipe Bending TOGGY UK diy 56 May 25th 04 11:05 PM