Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What training/qualifications/letters are needed to do caravan site electrical inspections/certificates?

Sorry about the long subject! :-)

I know (too much!?) about Part P but was wondering if the requirements
for someone who can issue site inspection certificates for caravan
site electrics are the same, or more stringent, or what?

This is the certificate required for 'Certificated' sites which are
sites approved by the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravanning
Club (and some others now I believe) for up to five caravans. These
often provide electrical hook-ups via what in french are called
'bornes', not sure what they are in english. These sites need an
annually renewed inspection certificate for their electrics.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 6, 1:56*pm, wrote:
Sorry about the long subject! *:-)

I know (too much!?) about Part P but was wondering if the requirements
for someone who can issue site inspection certificates for caravan
site electrics are the same, or more stringent, or what?

This is the certificate required for 'Certificated' sites which are
sites approved by the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravanning
Club (and some others now I believe) for up to five caravans. *These
often provide electrical hook-ups via what in french are called
'bornes', not sure what they are in english. *These sites need an
annually renewed inspection certificate for their electrics.

--
Chris Green

Of course the various bodies will claim that only their members can do
this but basically anyone who meets the definition of a "Competent"
Person. There is a City and Guilds qualification (C&G 2391) which
cerifies competence in "Verification, Inspection, Testing and
Certification" Most electricians seem to struggle with the practical
assessment and written examination which should mean that someone who
holds the qualification is in a higher order than the rest.
Having said that much of the training for a "part P" competent
electrician should cover the basic testing knowledge groundwork upon
which to build whereas I know too many "old hands" who bumble along
for years without killing anyone