Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maybugs?

This morning I removed another large beetle from daughters bedroom. I
think they are Maybugs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockchafer )

This is the 6th we've removed from the bedroom in a week (or maybe just
the same one that's really keen? :-)).

She isn't a great fan of them being in her room (I've tried telling her
they are rare - she seems keen to make them even rarer - any idea where
the hell they might be coming from?? It's always that one room - never seen
one anywhere else in the house. She does have a chimney in the room that has
a vent without a grill on. I did find mention of them coming down chimneys -
anyone know if that's really likely? Why the hell would they do that?

Yes, I know, I'll fit an fly screen to the vent and see, but I'm struggling
to believe that's actually where they are coming from (saying that, I can't
see where else so...)

Never had them before - and I've been looking for a roundtuit for 4 years
to sort out the vent ;-)

Darren