Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to fix it

Paraphrased from elsewhere.

There recently was an article in the daily rag The Business Section asked
readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this bloke
nailed it!

Dear Mr. Osbourne,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy. Instead of
giving billions of pounds to companies that will squander the money on
lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are some 20 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them £1
million apiece severance for early retirement with the following
stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British car (or as near as damn it). Twenty million
cars ordered - car industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - housing crisis
fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of Parliament, bankers pay
'tax exiles' their taxes.