Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Like 'V' lining but not 'V'' lining !!

I've to make a small door to cover a recess that originally had a
tumble drier in it under the stairs. The area is wood lined with 10mm
thick pine that has a 10mm wide flat section about 3mm deep instead of
a 'V'. Anyone know how this is referred to and whether it is still
available ?

Thanks
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2011 18:19, robgraham wrote:
I've to make a small door to cover a recess that originally had a
tumble drier in it under the stairs. The area is wood lined with 10mm
thick pine that has a 10mm wide flat section about 3mm deep instead of
a 'V'. Anyone know how this is referred to and whether it is still
available ?

Thanks
Rob

This site has a lot of moulding profiles you can browse through to see
if any match your need.

http://www.thorogood.co.uk/products....t_id=mouldings

If not, most timber merchants can make profiles against order to a
drawing or sample. From what you say, it ought not to need any special
tools, so should be quite reasonably priced.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 29, 6:19 pm, robgraham wrote:
I've to make a small door to cover a recess that originally had a
tumble drier in it under the stairs. The area is wood lined with 10mm
thick pine that has a 10mm wide flat section about 3mm deep instead of
a 'V'. Anyone know how this is referred to and whether it is still
available ?

Thanks
Rob

shiplap?

google it and select "images"

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 29, 6:31*pm, Jim K wrote:
On May 29, 6:19 pm, robgraham wrote:

I've to make a small door to cover a recess that originally had a
tumble drier in it under the stairs. *The area is wood lined with 10mm
thick pine that has a 10mm wide flat section about 3mm deep instead of
a 'V'. *Anyone know how this is referred to and whether it is still
available ?

Thanks
Rob

shiplap?

google it and select "images"

Jim K

Thanks for the assistance, guys. Colin - the profile isn't there, but
what I'm looking for is like shiplap but instead of being a scalloped
shape from the tongue, it's flat with a square edge.

It really does rather look as if I got this stuff as a one off 20 or
more years ago and it's no longer made. Wood lining isn't quite so in
fashion now. The amount I want is only about 7 metres so it's not an
economic proposition commercially. I think it's a 'see if I can do it
myself'' job. I do have access to a full wood working workshop but it
doesn't have a spindle moulder - it may be that the table router will
do it.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 30, 4:44 pm, robgraham wrote:
On May 29, 6:31 pm, Jim K wrote:

[...]

best ask the owner of the owner of the workshop to help you
methinks ;)))

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 29, 6:31*pm, Jim K wrote:
On May 29, 6:19 pm, robgraham wrote:

I've to make a small door to cover a recess that originally had a
tumble drier in it under the stairs. *The area is wood lined with 10mm
thick pine that has a 10mm wide flat section about 3mm deep instead of
a 'V'. *Anyone know how this is referred to and whether it is still
available ?

Thanks
Rob

shiplap?

google it and select "images"

Jim K

Jim - I took up your Google suggestion with "wood lining" as the
search term; under Images and scrolling down, there's several similar
pictures of pine plank wood panelling, and that's what I'm looking
for.

Rob

dry lining bob UK diy 1 January 21st 10 03:44 PM
Wallpaper and Lining Richard Conway UK diy 2 January 8th 08 06:55 PM
Dry Lining Gunther Gloop UK diy 33 September 18th 06 02:35 PM
lining up cavity [email protected] Metalworking 4 January 5th 06 04:55 AM