Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default non-rusting heated towel rail?

I'm planning to install a towel rail in the bathroom (heated by hot
water from the CH system). However, a lot of the towel rails that I've
seen in people's houses seem to corrode quite quickly i.e. within one
or two years. Can anyone recommend a make/type of rail that is less
prone to rusting?

thanks in advance

Julian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm planning to install a towel rail in the bathroom (heated by hot
water from the CH system). However, a lot of the towel rails that I've
seen in people's houses seem to corrode quite quickly i.e. within one
or two years. Can anyone recommend a make/type of rail that is less
prone to rusting?

Got mine from TLC - stainless. Several years ago and still looks like new..

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Water_Heating_Index/Towel_Rail...

* * * * *
Thanks for the info, I will get one of these!

Julian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Got mine from TLC - stainless. Several years ago and still looks like
new.

I hope you don't mean that it is still in the box waiting to be fitted!

;-)

No, it was installed the day I bought it - part of a total bathroom
refurkle. Which included a new boiler - so the CH was drained down anyway.

--
*If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Changing element on heated towel rail MW[_2_] UK diy 1 January 13th 10 10:51 PM
Heated Towel Rail billy1 UK diy 3 June 10th 07 05:28 PM
Heated towel rail Totally clueless UK diy 22 May 31st 07 11:01 PM
Bleeding heated towel rail Bob Minchin UK diy 3 April 19th 06 01:50 AM
Heated towel rail valves? Mike Halmarack UK diy 0 April 13th 06 09:23 AM