Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3 gang switched socket

Just bought on of these from Screwfix (item 17315) and on the rear it has
two earth terminals. Presumably this is to do with it being fused but any
ideas how I wire it. I've only one earth wire coming in.

Thanks

JC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bald eagle" wrote in message
Just bought on of these from Screwfix (item 17315) and on the rear it has
two earth terminals. Presumably this is to do with it being fused but any
ideas how I wire it. I've only one earth wire coming in.

Thanks

JC

You get this on some doubles too. Sometimes convenient if you have side
entry, or an unfused spur, or you can take one to the back-box.

If you've only got one earth coming in you are presumably on a radial or
spur already.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , cousins1
@nospamntlworld.com says...

Just bought on of these from Screwfix (item 17315) and on the rear it has
two earth terminals. Presumably this is to do with it being fused but any
ideas how I wire it. I've only one earth wire coming in.

Thanks

JC

Just wire the earth to one terminal if you have just one earth wire
coming in.

The reason for 2 earth connections is that it allows the socket to be
used in situations where there are high residual currents and 2 separate
earth connections are required.

Regards
Bruce
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 26, 12:18*pm, "Bald eagle" wrote:
Just bought on of these from Screwfix (item 17315) and on the rear it has
two earth terminals. Presumably this is to do with it being fused but any
ideas how I wire it. I've only one earth wire coming in.

Thanks

JC

Just connect the earth wire to an earth terminal on the socket.
Simples.

NT