Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gnomes

What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?
Soft sand or sharp sand?

Cheers
Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 25, 1:52*pm, geraldthehamster wrote:
What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?

Angle grinder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh *good*.

Any more? ;-)

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geraldthehamster wrote:
Oh *good*.

Any more? ;-)

2:1 if you must ..that should be more or less frost proof, and will
pockmark nicely with the odd Purdey blast from passing drug dealers.

Cheers
Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 25, 2:46*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
geraldthehamster wrote:
Oh *good*.

Any more? ;-)

2:1 if you must ..that should be more or less frost proof, and will
pockmark nicely with the odd Purdey blast from passing drug dealers.

Cheers
Richard- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. Soft sand or sharp? ;-)

Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually directed
at the Defenceless Rabbit.

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any more? ;-)

Eddie Grundy may be along around 19:00 and he has vast experience
casting gnomes

Failing that, ISTR the BBC recommended a mix of hard fat and chopped
nuts warmed gently and poured into garden gnome moulds as a way of
populating a bird table )

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
geraldthehamster wrote:
Oh *good*.
Any more? ;-)

2:1 if you must ..that should be more or less frost proof, and will
pockmark nicely with the odd Purdey blast from passing drug dealers.

Cheers
Richard- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. Soft sand or sharp? ;-)

Yes.

Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually directed
at the Defenceless Rabbit.

You haven't met the killer trained Suffolk Attack Fluffy Rabbit then?

Cheers
Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 25, 3:47*pm, "Robin" wrote:

Failing that, ISTR the BBC recommended a mix of hard fat and chopped
nuts warmed gently and poured into garden gnome moulds as a way of
populating a bird table )

Now there's an excellent idea for school Christma Fayre products!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 May 2011 17:07:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually

directed
at the Defenceless Rabbit.

You haven't met the killer trained Suffolk Attack Fluffy Rabbit then?

Is that relation of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
geraldthehamster writes
What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?
Soft sand or sharp sand?

Cast them in a film with Snow White

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geraldthehamster wrote:
What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?
Soft sand or sharp sand?

Cheers
Richard

Richard,

After reading the humorous responses to your post - and having imbibed a few
glass strong bourbon, I thought that I would dig up and post this link for
you referring the place in Cornwall where many gnomes are 'born and sold
into garden slavery' so that you could, if you wish, ask their advice on the
correct mix of the potion you require.

http://www.gnome-world.co.uk/

All omissions and errors can be blamed on the bourbon and not me m'lud - as
after having the grandchildren for the day, I needed some severe medication
for stress relief! LOL

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 25, 11:32*pm, "Cash"
wrote:
geraldthehamster wrote:
What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?
Soft sand or sharp sand?

Cheers
Richard

Richard,

After reading the humorous responses to your post - and having imbibed a few
glass strong bourbon, I thought that I would dig up and post this link for
you referring the place in Cornwall where many gnomes are 'born and sold
into garden slavery' so that you could, if you wish, ask their advice on the
correct mix of the potion you require.

http://www.gnome-world.co.uk/

All omissions and errors can be blamed on the bourbon and not me m'lud - as
after having the grandchildren for the day, I needed some severe medication
for stress relief! *LOL

Cash

I was looking forward to a morning's happy browsing, rather than
working. What a crap website.

They're probably all plastic anyway. Can't be doing with plastic
gnomes.

Cheers
Richard
(bringing suburbia to the countryside since 2007)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was looking forward to a morning's happy browsing, rather than
working. What a crap website.

IMHO displacement activity is always to be encouraged so how about
switching to planning your trip to the States for
http://www.hitchcockacademy.org/cont...mes-session-k?

"Concrete Casting - Gnomes Session K

Time: June 06, 2011: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Two-Day workshop includes instruction, all materials & information for
the care & history of your creation. Visit Cornerstone Creations at 548
Main St., Sturbridge to pick out your mold (Thurs-Sun 11 AM-7 PM).

Date: June 6 & 8, 7-8:30 PM Fee: $22 for residents of Brimfield,
Wales, Sturbridge and Holland, all others add $5 Instructor: Pete
Robitaille"

Failing that you could try contacting the guy?
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 26, 11:08*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 17:07:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually

directed
at the Defenceless Rabbit.
You haven't met the killer trained Suffolk Attack Fluffy Rabbit then?

Is that relation of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Definitely.

It's only a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geraldthehamster" wrote in message
What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds?
Soft sand or sharp sand?

Mmmmmm....gnomes....latex......mmmmmm

Sorry, what was the question?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 17:07:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually
directed
at the Defenceless Rabbit.
You haven't met the killer trained Suffolk Attack Fluffy Rabbit then?
Is that relation of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Definitely.

It's only a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Certainly not!

Cheers
Richard