Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wanted - short towel rail

I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9 inches
from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend trap under
the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't found anything
suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning to think I may have
to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Regards

John Plant

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBoy :
I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9
inches from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend
trap under the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't
found anything suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning
to think I may have to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Google "shopfittings", e.g.

http://www.morplan.com/webapp/wcs/st...33572_-1_10971

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:42:27 +0100, DerbyBoy wrote:

I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9 inches
from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend trap under
the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't found anything
suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning to think I may have
to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Regards

John Plant

If all else fails, shower riser rail of suitable design (stand-off from
wall; brackets not ugly etc.) and cut it down to length.
I used 2 (1 needed spacing from the wall), not cut down, until Aldi had the
stainless steel ones in again - but Aldi's are very long!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 13, 3:42*pm, "DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:
I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9 inches
from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend trap under
the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't found anything
suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning to think I may have
to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Regards

John Plant

Is it posible to use a chromed grab rail for something like this?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message

DerbyBoy :
I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9
inches from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend
trap under the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't
found anything suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning
to think I may have to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Google "shopfittings", e.g.

http://www.morplan.com/webapp/wcs/st...33572_-1_10971

--
Mike Barnes

Good idea. Thanks - although wall mounting would be a challenge. I'll file
this idea for consideration if nothing more immediately suitable turns up.
The geometry is correct for my application.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tabby" wrote in message

On May 13, 3:42 pm, "DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:
I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9 inches
from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend trap
under
the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't found
anything
suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning to think I may
have
to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Regards

John Plant

Is it posible to use a chromed grab rail for something like this?

NT

To clarify - the rail needs to be horizontal and about 9 inches long. The
towel will then hang down and hide some plumbing.

Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM
Towel Rail Newbie [email protected] UK diy 1 September 8th 05 01:39 PM
900mm W Towel Rail ? Nick Fisher UK diy 1 November 21st 04 11:03 AM
Leaking Towel Rail Andy UK diy 0 November 4th 03 06:10 PM