Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

Default Customer Satisfaction Surveys

These surveys seem sometimes to be sent out when they surmise you're
totally fed up with them and about to vote with your feet.

What I find most annoying, though, is that the surveys are in the main
designed to work only with Microsoft products and with recent browsers.

If they *really* wanted my opinion, they would make the survey as
compatible as possible, with no fancy bells and whistles which I may
have disabled or which the browser may not even handle.

As a basic test, they should check to see if the survey will work with
a lynx text-only browser on a non-MS operating system.

Better yet, they should devise a way to reply to their emails directly,
without having to log in to any web site.
If they were concerned that rivals might read what I said, they could
ask for a PGP/GPG encrypted reply by giving out the necessary
information about their public key. (Of course some people might be
sufficiently annoyed to just send a plain-text reply regardless).
They'd get spam, but there are ways to reduce spam.

I've just received a "survey" request from Plusnet, who suspended my
no-contract service at my request when I explained that I wanted to
cancel because I'd been flooded out by a huge water leak from above,
and the damage would take some time to repair.
They offered to suspend instead, but now say they want some thirty to
sixty pounds to reconnect me.
And claim no longer to have a MAC code they could give out.

To reply to their survey I'd need to log in to www.zoomerang.com/Survey
first, but right now I've only got dialup and I'll be hanged if I'll
wait twenty minutes for anyone's bloated bloody web pages to load!

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
@ O n e t e l
Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 May 2011 09:49:05 GMT, lid
(Windmill) wrote:

[...]

Have you raised this issue on the PN newsgroups? Bob Pullen often
reads/posts there and he is usually very helpful.
--
(\__/) M.

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 May 2011 15:01:49 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Plusnet Support Team disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right!

Perhaps the hyperlink was broken?

You couldn't make this up.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right!

Perhaps the hyperlink was broken?

You couldn't make this up.

Yup. OTOH cust serv do deal with all sorts, 5% of whom are genuinely
retarded, so really nothing can be assumed.

NT
Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/05/2011 13:25, tim.... wrote:
"Windmill" wrote in message

These surveys seem sometimes to be sent out when they surmise you're
totally fed up with them and about to vote with your feet.

What I find most annoying, though, is that the surveys are in the main
designed to work only with Microsoft products and with recent browsers.

I got one which, when I clicked on the link, required that I "logon" to
my
account first.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right!

I was making a general comment.

I had no idea that the OP was complying about a specific company as I hadn't
got that far.

tim

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 May 2011 09:56:36 -0700 (PDT), just as I was about to take a
herb, Tabby disturbed my reverie and wrote:

5% of whom are genuinely
retarded, so really nothing can be assumed.

I'd put it much higher than that g.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

Windmill wrote:
"tim...." writes:

I was making a general comment.
I had no idea that the OP was complying about a specific company as I hadn't
got that far.

My complaint was in fact a general one, though with one specific
company as a recent example.

"What is the most irritating thing about your service"
"Your customer survey forms"

"Do you think our web page would look better in
Red
Blue
Yellow?"

"Actually your website would be better if it had the information I need,
but your survey didn't ask that question."

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right!

Perhaps the hyperlink was broken?

You couldn't make this up.

Why? I'm just not aware of any surveys that require customers to log
into their account before taking part.

Happy to look into it further if soembody can provide me with an
account-specific reference of some description though.

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|Plusnet Plc. www.plus.net
Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2011 13:25, tim.... wrote:
"Windmill" wrote in message

These surveys seem sometimes to be sent out when they surmise you're
totally fed up with them and about to vote with your feet.

What I find most annoying, though, is that the surveys are in the main
designed to work only with Microsoft products and with recent browsers.

I got one which, when I clicked on the link, required that I "logon" to
my
account first.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right!

I was making a general comment.

I had no idea that the OP was complying about a specific company as I hadn't
got that far.

Ah, that would explain it then! Thanks for the clarification.