Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drugasar K!4 Heat Exchanger Unit

Does anyone have any good leads to a stockist of the "Drugasar K!4
Heat Exchanger"

"Drugasar" is the UK arm of "Dru" the Dutch parent company.
"Heat Exchange Unit" is another synonym.

The obvious stockists don't seem to stock it, so any less obvious
leads would be very much appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harrison Hill wrote:
Does anyone have any good leads to a stockist of the "Drugasar K!4
Heat Exchanger"

"Drugasar" is the UK arm of "Dru" the Dutch parent company.
"Heat Exchange Unit" is another synonym.

The obvious stockists don't seem to stock it, so any less obvious
leads would be very much appreciated.

You will, of course, have tried contacting the UK branch of Dru themselves?

http://www.drugasar.co.uk/index.htm

Their UK depot is apparently in Swinton, Manchester, M27 0JH.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 17, 3:54*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Harrison Hill wrote:
Does anyone have any good leads to a stockist of the "DrugasarK!4
Heat Exchanger"

"Drugasar" is the UK arm of "Dru" the Dutch parent company.
"Heat Exchange Unit" is another synonym.

The obvious stockists don't seem to stock it, so any less obvious
leads would be very much appreciated.

You will, of course, have tried contacting the UK branch of Dru themselves?

http://www.drugasar.co.uk/index.htm

Their UK depot is apparently in Swinton, Manchester, M27 0JH.

Thanks, but they don't stock it because "there isn't any demand". I
guess they'd rather sell bright, new, shiny, heaters
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Williamson writes:
Harrison Hill wrote:
Does anyone have any good leads to a stockist of the "Drugasar K!4
Heat Exchanger"

"Drugasar" is the UK arm of "Dru" the Dutch parent company.
"Heat Exchange Unit" is another synonym.

The obvious stockists don't seem to stock it, so any less obvious
leads would be very much appreciated.

You will, of course, have tried contacting the UK branch of Dru themselves?

http://www.drugasar.co.uk/index.htm

Their UK depot is apparently in Swinton, Manchester, M27 0JH.

I dealt with them ~12 years ago when I had an excellent proportional
control Dru gas wall heater*. They were very helpful, but sadly the
heat exchanger for it was no longer available. (I don't know how old
it was at that point.) Neither did they any longer do a 4.5kW heater;
only smaller ones for home use or bigger ones for commercial use.
Otherwise I would probably have bought another to replace it. Anyway,
that forced me to install central heating.

*After I'd pulled the thermostat phile out from behind the heater so
that it wasn't self-heating, it was maintaining the room temperature
stability to within a tiny fraction of 1C. It was easy to add remote
control by sellotaping a couple of resistors to the phile to generate
setback, and it worked in power cuts as it had no electricity supply.

--
Andrew Gabriel