Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So OT, but .. IE problems

If I open IE and go to the Google search page and then look in Task
Manager, I see two instances of IE. One bigger than the other.

My Windows internet explorer has really slowed down dramatically. Dare
I say it ... if I open Facebook, it all freezes whilst it uploads the
usual junk. When looking at FB photo galleries on for example, it
takes at least 5 secs before it will show the next one and then
finally gives up moving on.
It always has been instant up to now.
Firefox refuses to show any pictures at all .. just a frame.

I also see 8 instances of svhost.exe ...

I have run AVG .. Malawarebites .. Spybot etc.

Any thoughts?

Mike P the 1st
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message

If I open IE and go to the Google search page and then look in Task
Manager, I see two instances of IE. One bigger than the other.

My Windows internet explorer has really slowed down dramatically. Dare
I say it ... if I open Facebook, it all freezes whilst it uploads the
usual junk. When looking at FB photo galleries on for example, it
takes at least 5 secs before it will show the next one and then
finally gives up moving on.
It always has been instant up to now.
Firefox refuses to show any pictures at all .. just a frame.
I also see 8 instances of svhost.exe ...
I have run AVG .. Malawarebites .. Spybot etc.
Any thoughts?

Mike P the 1st

Assuming you're running Win7, I've got 2 instances of Internet Explorer
and multiple svchost.exe entries.
If it's just slow on Facebook it might be their problem.
Try running IE without any add-ons:
Start Menu All Programs Accessories System Tools Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:07:37 +0100, "Dave-UK"
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

It was a codecs problem, as I had lost the ability to play some
downloaded videos as well.
System Restore would only work in Safe Mode and that resolved the
problem.
Thanx

Mike P the 1st

I don't have MI5 problems, I have Mitsubishi problems Floyd Gilmour Electronics Repair 2 December 31st 07 04:07 PM
find all solutions to skin care problems, hair care problems, nail care issues.. bina Home Ownership 0 August 1st 06 11:48 AM
JVC tv problems Electronics Repair 1 January 5th 06 03:33 PM
Extending a hallway, problems, problems... Christian McArdle UK diy 1 October 15th 04 05:40 PM
RCA VCR problems Mark D. Zacharias Electronics Repair 3 September 16th 03 12:19 AM