Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bl**dy Vodaphone

Just an update. After my last visit to the Tooting shop they said it would
be resolved in a couple of days. Some hopes. So a week later I phoned the
help line again. Speak to a very nice Scots lass who sounds like she's
phoning from some distant planet. Not a good start. But she soon finds out
the history and says if I go back to the shop and buy a new SIMM card from
them, they'll transfer my number to it and I'll be on my way. Which I did.

'Sorry Sir, we haven't got any blank SIMMs left. Expecting them in
tomorrow. If you bought another phone from us now, we could transfer the
number right away'

Indeed. '**** off' (Under my breath)

'But the computer shows Clapham Junction has them in stock'

So off I go to CJ. And, of course they're also waiting for them to come
in.

There's an O2 shop nearby, so I pop in.

'Can you do me PAYG on my existing phone with my existing number now?'

'You need to contact Vodaphone to get an XXX code and then we can'.

'Can't you contact them now?'

'No you have to do it.' Presumably using my non working phone...

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.