Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Duel Heat Towel Rail install

HI

I have installed a duel fuel heated towel rail in the bathroom. Works
great on CH.. (combi boiler) now need to wire it for summer use !!

Need advice;

Electric cable from radiator goes through wall to cupboard which used
to have ho****er tank in it, and therefore wall plug that used to be
used for immersion heating element.

I want to put a Digital timer in there... am I correct .... electric
plug to timer..timer to radiator ? is this OK ? ( i believe the
heating element in these radiators have there own theomstat.)

Next; do I close off the values on the radiator in the summer ...
have 2 installed (on in and out).... so the heated water does not
travel out of the radiator and round the system .

An advice ..pointers... or to say all is OK in my set up would be
great.

Thank you in advance...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ramrod wrote:
HI

I have installed a duel fuel heated towel rail in the bathroom. Works
great on CH.. (combi boiler) now need to wire it for summer use !!

Need advice;

Electric cable from radiator goes through wall to cupboard which used
to have ho****er tank in it, and therefore wall plug that used to be
used for immersion heating element.

I want to put a Digital timer in there... am I correct .... electric
plug to timer..timer to radiator ? is this OK ? ( i believe the
heating element in these radiators have there own theomstat.)

RCD protected I hope.

Next; do I close off the values on the radiator in the summer ...
have 2 installed (on in and out).... so the heated water does not
travel out of the radiator and round the system .

My parents never close a valve off and they have no problems, however they
have the pipework rising to the rads, it might be different if the pipework
ran down to the rads.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"ramrod" wrote in message
[...]

I would be worried about having no pressure relief if the valves are closed.

I would leave one open half a turn.

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:52:42 +0100, "Baz"
wrote:

"ramrod" wrote in message
[...]

The towel rails that are electric-only - i.e the oil-filled ones -
have expansion space within, so it's obviously a consideration
(although the expansion rates of the two liquids will, I expect,
differ quite a bit).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

wrote:

"ramrod" wrote in message
[...]

It is the possible steam pressure, if the stat fails, that would worry me.

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:58:20 +0100, "Baz"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"ramrod" wrote in message
[...]

The towel rail (elec. only) that we have is only 80 watts. Not sure it
even has a stat (although there may be a thermal cut-out).
It takes quite some time to warm up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"ramrod" wrote in message
[...]

It takes quite some time to warm up.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your advice... will put rcd on plug for towel rail ....

Also will leave value open on towel rad ... in heat leave area to
pipe work will close one valve...

Thanks guys !

Towel Rail Hell paul UK diy 5 January 31st 06 05:14 PM
Towel Rail Qestion Jimbo UK diy 3 January 5th 06 06:26 PM
Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM
Who Makes Duel Fuel Heat Pumps - Single Package Dick Home Ownership 4 January 24th 05 11:04 PM