Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tom tom

Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

--
*He had delusions of adequacy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

Dunno - but is it really a problem? Presumably you run it off the car's
12v system. Have you got a mains adaptor to use when doing off-line
route planning?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

Dunno - but is it really a problem? Presumably you run it off the car's
12v system. Have you got a mains adaptor to use when doing off-line
route planning?

I'd not be asking if it wasn't a problem.

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

They can be replaced by tomtom, I had one done under warranty.
I don't know what size it is to see if they are on ebay.
IIRC you need a torx screwdriver to take the back off before you can unplug
the battery pack.

I use a maplin usb battery pack to power mine as frequent stops and turning
the engine on and off doesn't do the batteries much good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?
q=tomtom+battery+replacement&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source= vgc&hl=en&aq=0
&oq=tomtom+ba

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I
even bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

Try looking on youtube. Lots of videos showing you how to replace tomtom
batteries.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

--
*He had delusions of adequacy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I have heard that the guys at TomTom are very good at replacing units FOC
when they are returned for service.

Baz.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 4, 4:06*pm, "Baz" wrote:
I have heard that the guys at TomTom are very good at replacing units FOC
when they are returned for service.

They did with mine, but I had the receipt after 3 or 4 years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

I have used your 'noise' email address to send you instructions on how I
changed mine.
Mail me back after removing your hat if you don't get it.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

I have used your 'noise' email address to send you instructions on how I
changed mine.
Mail me back after removing your hat if you don't get it.

Now received, Bob, thanks.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even
bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

--
*He had delusions of adequacy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave ... try Youtube , loads of videos on how to change batteries on all
sorts of things ...