Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default End of the 10 pence CFL

Seems like the case in Tesco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5560191592/

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 02:13:07 -0000, Graham. wrote:

Seems like the case in Tesco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5560191592/

Aldi, earlier this week, loads by the till at 10p. Philips Genie.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Seems like the case in Tesco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5560191592/

Good, can we have proper lightbulbs back now?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:08:43 +0000, Alan wrote:

In message , Graham. wrote
Seems like the case in Tesco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5560191592/

Did the government actually subsidise the price or have we actually been
paying approx £50/pa extra on our utility bills for the energy companys
"eco" initiatives i.e. giving out free light bulbs, cheap loft
insulation etc.

Correct. I think I heard that they've got to do 'green' stuff in other
ways than just handing out crap CFLs now.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham. writes
Seems like the case in Tesco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5560191592/

It'll be subsidised solar next ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge
writes

Precisely. I have a cupboard full of 10p CFLs.

Me too. But I'll never use the ****ers.

Just installed a couple of wall lights with lovely energy-guzzling 40w
mains mini-halogen capsule bulbs. Bugger the environment.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge
writes

I use them where they're appropriate. Which is about 25% of the lights
in my house.

Maybe I should have said "I'll never use *all* the ****ers". But yeah,
I have a couple in a fitting in a hallway behind a frosted glass shade,
where they look OK, in the outside light, and in a nightlight which is
on a timer from 6pm to 11pm.

But there's an even simpler way of saving energy - it's called a
"switch". This amazing invention allows the householder to turn off
lights that they are not using. How about that for innovation?! )

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Huge
writes

I use them where they're appropriate. Which is about 25% of the
lights in my house.

Maybe I should have said "I'll never use *all* the ****ers". But
yeah, I have a couple in a fitting in a hallway behind a frosted
glass shade, where they look OK, in the outside light, and in a
nightlight which is on a timer from 6pm to 11pm.

But there's an even simpler way of saving energy - it's called a
"switch". This amazing invention allows the householder to turn off
lights that they are not using. How about that for innovation?! )

And can the wife and kids use the switch properly?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
In article , Huge
writes

I use them where they're appropriate. Which is about 25% of the lights
in my house.

Maybe I should have said "I'll never use *all* the ****ers". But yeah,
I have a couple in a fitting in a hallway behind a frosted glass shade,
where they look OK, in the outside light, and in a nightlight which is
on a timer from 6pm to 11pm.

But there's an even simpler way of saving energy - it's called a
"switch". This amazing invention allows the householder to turn off
lights that they are not using. How about that for innovation?! )

Where do you get those from then, Are they available to the general
public ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@blue
yonder.co.uk writes

And can the wife and kids use the switch properly?

Given suitable training (regular beatings), yes.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:17:34 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

But there's an even simpler way of saving energy - it's called a
"switch". This amazing invention allows the householder to turn

off
lights that they are not using. How about that for innovation?!

)

And can the wife and kids use the switch properly?

The ones here can't, they only know how to switch "on".

--
Cheers
Dave.