Pablo

Default Lighting Controller

I'm after something does the following automatically: fades different
lights in and out at a predetermined time intervals. Any ideas?

BigWallop

"Pablo" wrote in message
I'm after something does the following automatically: fades different
lights in and out at a predetermined time intervals. Any ideas?

Maplin does, or did do, a thing called a light speller which does what
you're after. It's just a black box with the electronics in it and a the
connections along one edge. You control the lighting by twisting a knob on
the top of the box. Ideal for a job I done in a friends shop window to
advertise the wares inside. Still working after 8 years of never being off
except for the minute or two it takes to change lamps every so often.

A search for light speller on the web will likely bring up more hits for you
to look at.

Nathan Thompson

Pablo wrote:
I'm after something does the following automatically: fades different
lights in and out at a predetermined time intervals. Any ideas?

I think you're effectively talking about X10-style controls. They can be
operated from a PC or using radio frequency control units.

A very good shop selling them in the UK, and which I've been in touch
with on a professional level, is www.home-control.co.uk. This site
should provide a good guide to the technolgy which principally works via
your ring-main.

None of this is particulary cheap but why do you want to do? Romantic
effect or home security?

Pablo

None of this is particulary cheap but why do you want to do? Romantic
effect or home security?

For light therapy in a treatment room. The different shades of light are
supposed to affect your mood.

Martin Angove

In message ,
"Pablo" wrote:

None of this is particulary cheap but why do you want to do? Romantic
effect or home security?

For light therapy in a treatment room. The different shades of light are
supposed to affect your mood.

Some kind of cheap DMX controller with a nice DMX lamp, or a DMX dimmer
box connected to several lamps? Try Maplins or CPC for some ideas. Not
dreadfully cheap...

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
Don't fight technology, live with it: http://www.livtech.co.uk/

bathroom lighting - IP65? IP44? IP20? rob c UK diy 1 September 28th 03 04:46 PM
Security Lighting LOZ34 UK diy 7 September 16th 03 06:35 PM
Sodium Lighting Tony UK diy 2 July 5th 03 02:25 PM