Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default On the 7th day...

Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it on
Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't, bloke
wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its the
flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it on
Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't, bloke
wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its the
flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

I'm sure that there are some who would!

Out of interest, how many requests for "flat pack assembly" do you get?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2011 20:15, tim.... wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
news
Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it on
Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't, bloke
wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its the
flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

I'm sure that there are some who would!

Out of interest, how many requests for "flat pack assembly" do you get?

tim

Good lord, you mean people will pay you for simply un-packing the stuff
and screwing it together?

I can see why a little old lady might want someone to do this for them,
but otherwise...

I'm going to become the Aberdeen Handyman :-)
( and I'll simply copy TMH's website because I CBA to make my own ;-) )

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it
on Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't,
bloke wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its
the flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

Get out and work you lazy bugger ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2011 20:15, tim.... wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
news
Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it on
Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't, bloke
wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its the
flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

I'm sure that there are some who would!

Out of interest, how many requests for "flat pack assembly" do you get?

tim

3 or 4 a month. I have spent whole days doing nothing else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2011 21:44, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 13/03/2011 20:15, tim.... wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
news
Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it on
Sundays. No message left.

Two mins later the mobile rings. Message left this time.

I check the message in case its some kind of emergency - it isn't, bloke
wants some flat pack assembled.

Half past three the mobile rings again - this time I answer it - its the
flat pack guy.

"Will you be able to assemble it today"?

I'm sure that there are some who would!

Out of interest, how many requests for "flat pack assembly" do you get?

tim

Good lord, you mean people will pay you for simply un-packing the stuff
and screwing it together?

Yup. Along with installing wire free doorbells, fitting plugs to sinks,
& changing light bulbs.

I can see why a little old lady might want someone to do this for them,
but otherwise...

All age ranges. Couples in their late 20's are frequent customers,
dunno what they have been teaching in schools.

I'm going to become the Aberdeen Handyman :-)
( and I'll simply copy TMH's website because I CBA to make my own ;-) )

http://www.flatpackamigos.co.uk/pric...#General_Rates

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 13/03/2011 21:44, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 13/03/2011 20:15, tim.... wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
news Business land line rang at half ten this morning - we don't answer it
[...]

"We charge by the hour, and are quick. In less than six hours we have
assembled and installed 4 x Ikea PAX wardrobes with a range of drawers and
internal fittings from the Komplement range. To put this into perspective,
this is how long it takes some people to assemble just one wardrobe!"

What sort of numpty takes 6 hours to assemble one wardrobe?

TBH I wouldn't want to spend six hours just assembling wardrobes, but then I
wouldn't buy 4 all at once in the first place!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2011 20:15, tim.... wrote:

"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

God !!! I'll have to hide this thread from the wife, I purchased a
flat pack wardrobe approx 3yrs ago and it's still in it's box(s).
" But it's on the list my dear, Job No564." O:-)
Don