Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default amp new PSU capacitors

My approx 9 year old AV amp started buzzing / humming sounds like
100Hz, slowly got louder until drowning out the music ! PSU caps I
should think. They are labeled "kenwood for audio".
I've got the bigs caps out, they are 10000uF 80V. Lots around for
about 20quid each, or some ebay ones which I try to avoid if possible.
Does this look OK ?
http://connect-audio.co.uk/proddetai...000U80&cat=219
Does the life seem a bit short (I know this is at the max temp) ?

Also saw this but the lead spacing and layout is wrong:
http://parts.digikey.co.uk/1/1/91787...t1ka103fa.html

I did not realise the life was so limited though. I've left the amp on
24 hours a day on standby for years !

Also a couple of smaller 3300uF 50V jobs, I guess for a 5V or similar
supply for the ICs, DSP chips etc.
Probably worth changing those as well.

OR ..
Is this really worth my time and up to 50 quid fixing ???
A new replacement would cost 350 quid but would support blue ray
audio, HDMI etc.

Simon.

capacitors Ignoramus2031 Metalworking 1 July 19th 08 10:04 PM
Capacitors 101 Stevie D Electronics Repair 6 December 21st 06 03:41 AM
Capacitors The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 May 3rd 06 09:14 AM
Capacitors FS plokmichael Electronics Repair 0 May 30th 05 11:54 AM
where to buy CAPACITORS dlandon Electronics 1 October 8th 04 10:55 PM