DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Strange drain tank? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/316511-strange-drain-tank.html)

mogga January 4th 11 02:52 PM

Strange drain tank?

Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Is it just the end of the drains system that goes the nearby houses?
No houses have ever been on the land from what we can see on old maps.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

mogga January 4th 11 02:58 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 06:56:29 -0800 (PST), Owain
wrote:

On Jan 4, 2:52*pm, mogga wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/
but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover *in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

Something like a main gas or oil pipeline might not show on a
conventional utility search.

Or a farmer's field drain.

So if it's that, what's likely to be inside? Or will it have collasped
with age/disuse?

Owain

Phil L January 4th 11 03:20 PM

Strange drain tank?

wrote:

On Jan 4, 2:52 pm, mogga wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/
but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or
for a utility search for the land.

Something like a main gas or oil pipeline might not show on a
conventional utility search.

Or a farmer's field drain.

So if it's that, what's likely to be inside? Or will it have collasped
with age/disuse?

It won't have collapsed or the utility company would have come out and
repaired it.
I agree, it's highly likely to be gas, or at a push, water.
It'll be an inspection chamber for said pipeline

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] January 4th 11 03:37 PM

Strange drain tank?

Owain wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:52 pm, mogga wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/
but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

Something like a main gas or oil pipeline might not show on a
conventional utility search.

Or a farmer's field drain.

No its not a field drain.

Looks like an old septic tank maybe..
Owain

Edgar Iredale[_3_] January 4th 11 05:02 PM

Strange drain tank?

mogga wrote:

Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Is it just the end of the drains system that goes the nearby houses?
No houses have ever been on the land from what we can see on old maps.

What's the other side of the fence? It looks a bit industrial.

Edgar

harry January 4th 11 05:12 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Jan 4, 3:37*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Owain wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:52 pm, mogga *wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/
but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover *in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

Something like a main gas or oil pipeline might not show on a
conventional utility search.

Or a farmer's field drain.

No its not a field drain.

Looks like an old septic tank maybe..

Owain- Hide quoted text -

I agree.
But the only thing to do is toget the lid off & have a look inside,

Could also be some wartime structure, air raid shelter, pillbox sort
of thing.
If there are any peculiar smells, dusts or colours, don't go inside
without good ventilation/respirators. They made some very nasty stuff
during ww1. Phosporous, mustard gas, cyanide, asbestos sort of stuff
I'm thinking of.

nightjar January 4th 11 05:59 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 04/01/2011 14:52, mogga wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Read this before even thinking about going inside:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg258.pdf

Colin Bignell

nightjar January 4th 11 06:02 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 04/01/2011 17:12, harry wrote:
On Jan 4, 3:37 pm, The Natural
wrote:
Owain wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:52 pm, mogga wrote:
[...]

The Home Guard Auxiliary Units, which were trained to act as a
resistance movement if we were invaded, also had at least two hidden
bunkers in each area. Some were very solidly constructed and they might
contain old munitions.

Colin Bignell

Edgar Iredale[_3_] January 4th 11 06:34 PM

Strange drain tank?

mogga wrote:

Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Is it just the end of the drains system that goes the nearby houses?
No houses have ever been on the land from what we can see on old maps.

Is this Buncefield by any chance?

Edgar

alexander.keys1[_3_] January 4th 11 08:01 PM

Strange drain tank?

wrote:
Owain wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:52 pm, mogga *wrote:
[...]

It could be a Royal Observer Corps nuclear bunker, about 1000 of these
were built in the 1950's to monitor bomb blasts and the resulting
radiation and fallout, in the event of a nuclear attack.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/index2.shtml

Many of them remained in service until 1991, when the Government
declared the Cold War to be over.

Roger Mills[_2_] January 4th 11 08:18 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 04/01/2011 14:52, mogga wrote:
Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Is it just the end of the drains system that goes the nearby houses?
No houses have ever been on the land from what we can see on old maps.

It looks very similar to two which are in the field at the back of my
house. 'Mine' are access chambers to a sewer which runs under the field.
[I can see them - and the line of the sewer - on Google Earth. maybe you
can do the same?

By being built up, they appear to fulfil two purposes:
1. They keep heavy agricultural equipment away from the chambers
2. They increase the level to which the contents of the (frequently
blocked) sewer can rise before it overflows
--
Cheers,
Roger

Dave Liquorice[_2_] January 5th 11 12:56 AM

Strange drain tank?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:01:48 -0800 (PST), alexander.keys1 wrote:

It could be a Royal Observer Corps nuclear bunker, about 1000 of these
were built in the 1950's to monitor bomb blasts and the resulting
radiation and fallout, in the event of a nuclear attack.

The access shaft is normally fairly square on those not rectangular
like the one in the photo there would also be the smaller ventilation
shaft. The positions of the ROC bunkers are (mostly) well know a dig
about the subrit site will indicate if one was in the area.

I go for a septic tank or cess pit.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Jim K[_3_] January 5th 11 10:10 AM

Strange drain tank?

On Jan 4, 5:59 pm, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 04/01/2011 14:52, mogga wrote:

Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Read this before even thinking about going inside:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg258.pdf

Colin Bignell

time for a canary...

Jim K

mogga January 5th 11 01:24 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:18:23 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

[...]

Someone reckons there's a drain across the field ...
Will update when we go on field or find out more.

(We will have to know what it is I think before we sign a lease for
the land!)
:)

Neill January 5th 11 09:00 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Jan 5, 12:56*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:01:48 -0800 (PST), alexander.keys1 wrote:
It could be a Royal Observer Corps nuclear bunker, about 1000 of these
were built in the 1950's to monitor bomb blasts and the resulting
radiation and fallout, in the event of a nuclear attack.

The access shaft is normally fairly square on those not rectangular
like the one in the photo there would also be the smaller ventilation
shaft. The positions of the ROC bunkers are (mostly) well know a dig
about the subrit site will indicate if one was in the area.

I go for a septic tank or cess pit.

--
Cheers
Dave.

If it is the uncovered top of an ROC post, it looks too short. Ditto a
standard WW2 trench shelter. It could be an underground ARP post,
though they don't usually have an escape shaft, which the separate
slab looks like. Obviously it is of some importantance, as it hasn't
been demolished in the work that has been goping on around it.

Neill

Grimly Curmudgeon January 5th 11 09:15 PM

Strange drain tank?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "alexander.keys1"
saying something like:

It could be a Royal Observer Corps nuclear bunker, about 1000 of these
were built in the 1950's to monitor bomb blasts and the resulting
radiation and fallout, in the event of a nuclear attack.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/index2.shtml

Hmm... 3 people, two bunks.
I expect the ginga was disposable.

Jules Richardson January 5th 11 10:05 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 13:00:09 -0800, Neill wrote:
If it is the uncovered top of an ROC post, it looks too short. Ditto a
standard WW2 trench shelter. It could be an underground ARP post, though
they don't usually have an escape shaft, which the separate slab looks
like. Obviously it is of some importantance, as it hasn't been
demolished in the work that has been goping on around it.

I really can't tell what I'm looking at from the photo - but I've seen
all sorts of underground WWII and cold war structures resulting in
various uncovered surface-level features (e.g. there doesn't seem to be a
standard design for deep shelter entrances or ventilation caps, and I've
seen emergency escape hatches flush to the ground before).

OP: is the "drain cover" obviously a drain cover, or could it be
something else, such as a vent or a cover to an access ladder, stairwell
etc.? Can you give us a location / gridref?

Agreed about the top looking too short for a typical ROC post, but
anything's possible, I suppose. I think ROC posts typically had the
access in one spot with a ventilation structure a little way off, so
evidence of a smaller concrete formation 20' or so away might give an
indication that that's what it could be...

cheers

Jules

Jules Richardson January 6th 11 01:22 AM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 00:29:24 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Walt Davidson
saying something like:

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/index2.shtml

There is no such web page.

Odd, I now get the same result.

Lots of it seems to have gone bang for some reason, with various bits
under rsg offline (or possibly just moved to Places Unknown)

Hmm... 3 people, two bunks.
I expect the ginga was disposable.

What is a ginga ?

One of the Red Menaces.

which is OK, as they have no souls :-)

Onetap January 6th 11 09:15 AM

Strange drain tank?

On Jan 6, 12:29*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:
Try this

url:http://www.subbrit.org.uk/cgi-bin/we...7322830&query=...

These bloody folkies get everywhere.

That is a very disturbing image.

I don't like to dash your expectations, but it is an abandoned
manhole, septic tank, old well, mine shaft, a lump of redundant
concrete that no-one could be bothered to break up or something
similar. If it was an ROC post it would be known and would have been
sold off. The Home Guard Auxiliaries didn't have tons of ready mix
available in 1940. The best you can hope to find is a hole. If you're
really lucky, it will be a hole full of old ****. It's a slab of
concrete with a drain cover set in it. The drain cover probably covers
a drain. Don't get excited.

mogga January 6th 11 10:21 AM

Strange drain tank?

wrote:
Try this

url:http://www.subbrit.org.uk/cgi-bin/we...7322830&query=...

These bloody folkies get everywhere.

That is a very disturbing image.

I don't like to dash your expectations, but it is an abandoned
manhole, septic tank, old well, mine shaft, a lump of redundant
concrete that no-one could be bothered to break up or something
similar. If it was an ROC post it would be known and would have been
sold off. The Home Guard Auxiliaries didn't have tons of ready mix
available in 1940. The best you can hope to find is a hole. If you're
really lucky, it will be a hole full of old ****. It's a slab of
concrete with a drain cover set in it. The drain cover probably covers
a drain. Don't get excited.

It's not shown on the site someone linked to (But my dad's mate was
suitable impressed with the link - so thanks to the person who posted
that!)

It was left by the people clearing the site as they didn't know it was
there and it wasn't in their remit to investigate. The land is being
turned into allotments.
The wider area has pit workings. This location is very close to the
canal. It was land used in the 60s for a children's playground but had
fallen into disrepair about 1975 ish I think and hasn't been used
properly since.

I'm expecting it to be some sort of drain thing, and hoping it won't
cause us any problems with going ahead with the allotments.

Grimly Curmudgeon January 6th 11 11:40 AM

Strange drain tank?

drugs began to take hold. I remember mogga
saying something like:

The wider area has pit workings.

An old concrete base for an item of pithead plant.

This location is very close to the canal.

An old concrete base for an item of canal plant.

It was land used in the 60s for a children's playground but had
fallen into disrepair about 1975 ish I think and hasn't been used
properly since.

An old concrete base for an item of kiddies' plant.

nightjar January 6th 11 11:46 AM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 09:15, Onetap wrote:

... The Home Guard Auxiliaries didn't have tons of ready mix
available in 1940....

The Goodwood patrol post was built by the Royal Engineers and was made
of mass concrete, including a 6 inch thick roof supported by 8" x 4" RSJs.

Colin Bignell

nightjar January 6th 11 11:59 AM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 10:21, mogga wrote:
I'm expecting it to be some sort of drain thing, and hoping it won't
cause us any problems with going ahead with the allotments.

It probably will be. If so, you ought to check whether anyone has a
right of access to it. I have a manhole in my garden that the water
authority have a right of access, although nobody has wanted to in the
past 12 years.

Colin Bignell

nightjar January 6th 11 12:00 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 05/01/2011 10:10, Jim K wrote:
On Jan 4, 5:59 pm, "Nightjar\"cpb\"@""insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 04/01/2011 14:52, mogga wrote:

Possibly the worst photo ever
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/5323999750/

but shows a concrete structure with a square drain cover in the top
but doesn't show on any mains drainage plans for nearby houses or for
a utility search for the land.

One of the men who uncovered it said it reminded him in size and shape
of a drain cover.
Too cold and horrid to go and take more photos today - but will get a
proper look soon.

Any ideas?

Read this before even thinking about going inside:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg258.pdf

Colin Bignell

time for a canary...

Jim K

Roast or boiled?

Colin Bignell

mogga January 6th 11 12:30 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:59:54 +0000, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@"
"insertmysurnamehere wrote:

On 06/01/2011 10:21, mogga wrote:
I'm expecting it to be some sort of drain thing, and hoping it won't
cause us any problems with going ahead with the allotments.

It probably will be. If so, you ought to check whether anyone has a
right of access to it. I have a manhole in my garden that the water
authority have a right of access, although nobody has wanted to in the
past 12 years.

Colin Bignell

There's a solicitor working for the allotment society who will
presumably be looking at all the deeds and info on the site.

It''s not shown on any searches the council have done for utilities -
I don't know how often the utility company have missing bits though.

Jules Richardson January 6th 11 01:57 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 01:15:54 -0800, Onetap wrote:
I don't like to dash your expectations, but it is an abandoned manhole,
septic tank, old well, mine shaft, a lump of redundant concrete that
no-one could be bothered to break up or something similar.

Agreed...

If it was an ROC post it would be known and would have been sold off.

But I'm not sure about that - or at least, not necessarily ROC post, but
"something else". Previously-undiscovered* shelters, bunkers, fuel
storage tanks etc. related to ww2 or cold war do crop up from time to
time.

* that's the wrong term, because typically the public once knew they were
there and then either forget about them or deem it so unimportant as to
not ever mention it. The knowledge doesn't get forgotten, more
"misplaced" ;)

There's a chance it's something interesting - but it is a very slim
chance indeed.

cheers

Jules

Jules Richardson January 6th 11 01:59 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:46:22 +0000, Nightjar \"cpb\"@ wrote:

On 06/01/2011 09:15, Onetap wrote:

... The Home Guard Auxiliaries didn't have tons of ready mix available
in 1940....

The Goodwood patrol post was built by the Royal Engineers and was made
of mass concrete, including a 6 inch thick roof supported by 8" x 4"
RSJs.

and often the entrance structures to old sites are quite substantial,
even if the rest is just steel supports under corrugated metal with a
whole bunch of dirt over the top...

Jules Richardson January 6th 11 02:04 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:40:41 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
An old concrete base for an item of pithead plant.
An old concrete base for an item of canal plant.
An old concrete base for an item of kiddies' plant.

If it was a base for something I'd expect there to be evidence of
mounting points, though. From the photo, the concrete doesn't look very
big - i.e. not just hard-standing for farm equipment, say.

It probably is just an underground tank (OP: any ww2 airfield ever there?
It might be a fuel / oil storage tank) and nothing particularly
interesting, but I'd do some more poking around just to be sure.

cheers

Jules

mogga January 6th 11 02:17 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 14:04:33 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:40:41 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
An old concrete base for an item of pithead plant.
An old concrete base for an item of canal plant.
An old concrete base for an item of kiddies' plant.

If it was a base for something I'd expect there to be evidence of
mounting points, though. From the photo, the concrete doesn't look very
big - i.e. not just hard-standing for farm equipment, say.

It probably is just an underground tank (OP: any ww2 airfield ever there?
It might be a fuel / oil storage tank) and nothing particularly
interesting, but I'd do some more poking around just to be sure.

cheers

Jules

Houses built on fields in the 50s
Land used as play ground for some time.

nightjar January 6th 11 03:20 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 12:30, mogga wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:59:54 +0000, "Nightjar\"cpb\"@"
"insertmysurnamehere wrote:

On 06/01/2011 10:21, mogga wrote:
I'm expecting it to be some sort of drain thing, and hoping it won't
cause us any problems with going ahead with the allotments.

It probably will be. If so, you ought to check whether anyone has a
right of access to it. I have a manhole in my garden that the water
authority have a right of access, although nobody has wanted to in the
past 12 years.

Colin Bignell

There's a solicitor working for the allotment society who will
presumably be looking at all the deeds and info on the site.

It''s not shown on any searches the council have done for utilities -
I don't know how often the utility company have missing bits though.

When I worked for an Electricity Board, the drawings of cable positions
in a large town were based entirely upon the recollections of one gang
foreman.

Colin Bignell

Skipweasel[_2_] January 6th 11 03:24 PM

Strange drain tank?

In article , "Nightjar
\"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere says...
When I worked for an Electricity Board, the drawings of cable positions
in a large town were based entirely upon the recollections of one gang
foreman.

Sounds like the wiring on this estate. Telford charge the (now private)
contractors to view the plans. The contractors have realised that the
plans are worse than useless and are slowly building their own from
observation.

mogga January 6th 11 04:00 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 15:20:46 +0000, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@"
"insertmysurnamehere wrote:

It''s not shown on any searches the council have done for utilities -
I don't know how often the utility company have missing bits though.

When I worked for an Electricity Board, the drawings of cable positions
in a large town were based entirely upon the recollections of one gang
foreman.

Colin Bignell

That sounds useful!! :)

Grimly Curmudgeon January 6th 11 05:44 PM

Strange drain tank?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules Richardson
saying something like:

It probably is just an underground tank (OP: any ww2 airfield ever there?

Istr a farmer discovering an underground tank on his land that still
contained ten thousand gallons of aviation spirit.
Silly sod shot his mouth off about it and lost it.

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI January 6th 11 05:58 PM

Strange drain tank?

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules Richardson
saying something like:

It probably is just an underground tank (OP: any ww2 airfield ever there?

Istr a farmer discovering an underground tank on his land that still
contained ten thousand gallons of aviation spirit.
Silly sod shot his mouth off about it and lost it.

Yeah, he could have gone drag racing in his tractor.
--
;-)
..

Grimly Curmudgeon January 6th 11 08:27 PM

Strange drain tank?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI"
saying something like:

Istr a farmer discovering an underground tank on his land that still
contained ten thousand gallons of aviation spirit.
Silly sod shot his mouth off about it and lost it.

Yeah, he could have gone drag racing in his tractor.

Or... had free fuel in his car for a decade.

Roger Mills[_2_] January 6th 11 09:17 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 14:17, mogga wrote:

Houses built on fields in the 50s
Land used as play ground for some time.

I still think that it's a raised surround for an inspection chamber for
a sewer. Which way does/did the sewer - serving the houses - run?

It looks remarkably like this one which I can see from my bedroom window:
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Drain.JPG
--
Cheers,
Roger

nightjar January 6th 11 09:24 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 20:27, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI"
saying something like:

Istr a farmer discovering an underground tank on his land that still
contained ten thousand gallons of aviation spirit.
Silly sod shot his mouth off about it and lost it.

Yeah, he could have gone drag racing in his tractor.

Or... had free fuel in his car for a decade.

Petrol has a shelf life of about one year and aviation gasoline is very
heavily leaded.

Colin Bignell

Andy Champ[_2_] January 6th 11 09:43 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 21:24, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Petrol has a shelf life of about one year and aviation gasoline is very
heavily leaded.

I'm willing to bet that a pre-1960 landrover would be very useful on a
farm, and would burn anything.

Andy

Yeti January 6th 11 09:50 PM

Strange drain tank?

On 06/01/2011 21:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 06/01/2011 21:24, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Petrol has a shelf life of about one year and aviation gasoline is very
heavily leaded.

I'm willing to bet that a pre-1960 landrover would be very useful on a
farm, and would burn anything.

Andy

Including it's own rust.

Jules Richardson January 6th 11 10:15 PM

Strange drain tank?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:50:54 +0000, Yeti wrote:

On 06/01/2011 21:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 06/01/2011 21:24, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Petrol has a shelf life of about one year and aviation gasoline is
very heavily leaded.

I'm willing to bet that a pre-1960 landrover would be very useful on a
farm, and would burn anything.

Andy

Including it's own rust.

Ahh, but will it run on grocers' apostrophe's? :-)