cuckoo flower

Default Rp 3/4 ???

Could any of you plumbers out there tell me what "Rp 3/4" is all
about.....it's quoted in the installation book for my new Worcester
boiler (for the gas connection).
The book says i MUST use 22mm supply pipe for the gas, but the fitting
on the boiler is this "Rp 3/4", so i'd like to know what "Rp" stands
for as i've searched plumbing websites, but haven't had any luck.

hope someone can enlighten me
Andy Wade

"cuckoo flower" wrote in message

"Rp 3/4", so i'd like to know what "Rp" stands for

3/4 inch BSP parallel thread.

--
Andy

Rich

cuckoo flower wrote in message . ..
Could any of you plumbers out there tell me what "Rp 3/4" is all
about.....it's quoted in the installation book for my new Worcester
boiler (for the gas connection).
The book says i MUST use 22mm supply pipe for the gas, but the fitting
on the boiler is this "Rp 3/4", so i'd like to know what "Rp" stands
for as i've searched plumbing websites, but haven't had any luck.

hope someone can enlighten me

Rp is the european way of stating parallel thread.
Rt is tapered.

So the connection must be 3/4" parallel. As the gas connection wil use
the BS746 rubber washers. They seal on the rubber rather than use a
tapered thread to seal. Hence the parallel thread.

BTW - My boiler manual also stated that the supply must be 22mm. It
actually worked out to be 28mm for part of the run due to possible
pressure drop. Just thought i'd mention it.

Regards

Rich