Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's TMH been up to ?

From elsewhere

begin
A woman dialled 999 to report a theft - of a snowman outside her house.
Police said she thought it demanded their involvement because she had
used pound coins for the eyes and teaspoons for the arms.

The woman, from Chatham, Kent, has been "spoken to" by officers to
advise her about what constitutes a real emergency.

Kent Police issued a transcript of the "completely irresponsible" call
which they received overnight as they fielded thousands of calls from
people because of the sub-zero conditions.

In the call, the woman tells the operator: "There's been a theft from
outside my house. "I haven't been out to check on him for five hours but
I went outside for a fag and he's gone."

The operator asks "Who's gone?" and the woman replies: "My snowman. "I
thought that with it being icy and there not being anybody about, he'd
be safe." The incredulous operator asks her: "Do you mean an ornament?"
The woman replies: "No, a snowman made of snow, I made him myself.

"It ain't a nice road but you don't expect anybody to nick your
snowman."
end

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
From elsewhere

[...]

Wasn't me. I deny everything.

My daughter was on duty last Xmas day. First call was from a woman with bad
period pains, who had run out of paracetamol. Last call was from a bloke
who had been given a blood pressure meter & convinced himself he was about
to croak - it was faulty.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
From elsewhere

[...]

"It ain't a nice road ...."

No ****, it's in Chatham.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

Wasn't me. I deny everything.

My daughter was on duty last Xmas day. First call was from a woman with bad
period pains, who had run out of paracetamol. Last call was from a bloke
who had been given a blood pressure meter & convinced himself he was about
to croak - it was faulty.

I bought a blood pressure meter from Maplin some years ago.
First time I used it, all was fine.
Second time I used it, it was pumping up just as before, and there's
a loud bang - the cuff blew up. Wasn't sure if my blood pressure had
gone sky high beforehand, but I'm pretty sure it was just afterwards...
(The replacement one hs worked fine ever since.)

--
Andrew Gabriel