Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good work shirt

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.
Finally binned it the other day as it was standing up on its own with
all the paint, cement etc, but went straight out and bought another.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand

WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've
wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be
lumberjack shirts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand

WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've
wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be
lumberjack shirts.

So what is the problem? You don't have to cut down trees just because
you might be wearing one of these shirts!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , says...
Andy Burns wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand

WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've
wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be
lumberjack shirts.

So what is the problem? You don't have to cut down trees just because
you might be wearing one of these shirts!

Maybe he's afraid he'll start having buttered scones for tea. And you know what that leads to!

--
Halmyre

This is the most powerful sigfile in the world and will probably blow your head clean off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 13, 10:18*am, stuart noble wrote:

[Padded shirt]

Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.

Watch out for differences though. I've some LL Bean double-layer
shirts that are wonderful (and at that price they ought to be), a
couple that I've made myself (shoulder & armpit fit matters even more
on thick shirts). OTOH, the cheap Chinese ones are like wearing a
wardrobe and their padding can be astonishingly flammable.

My winter wear begins with a mil-surplus Norgee shirt underneath. I
wear these all winter, haven't found anything that comes close to them
as a base layer. I have got a couple with modified cuffs though, as
the standard fastening is a bit clumsy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 13, 1:32*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've
wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be
lumberjack shirts.

So what is the problem? You don't have to cut down trees just because
you might be wearing one of these shirts!

So just don't wear it in Hebden Bridge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 13, 1:53*pm, Andy Burns wrote:

I must have been forced to wear them once or twice too many as a
youngster, I avoid all bold coarse check patterns now!

Boil wash with a few red socks. (Why do people buy red socks?)

I've a couple of lurid black and white check shirts (Mother!), which
easily dyed down to a far more acceptable dark and darker grey check.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Nov 13, 10:18 am, stuart wrote:

[Padded shirt]

My winter wear begins with a mil-surplus Norgee shirt underneath. I
wear these all winter,

Must be a bit rank by the time spring comes round!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , stuart noble
writes
Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever
worn. Finally binned it the other day as it was standing up on its own
with all the paint, cement etc, but went straight out and bought another.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...e//Padded-Shir
t/26489&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

Got several of those - just a shame there's no XXX Large

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
stuart noble wrote:

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the
winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...e//Padded-Shir
t/26489&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've
wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be
lumberjack shirts.

Give me warmth over style anytime

--
geoff