Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wireless timeswitch without thermostat?

I'm looking for a timeswitch where the clock/user interface is a battery powered wireless unit,
talking to a remote mains powered receiver with a relay output.

I've seen some wireless CH programmers which will probably do the job if I can't find anything else,
but they tend to have a large temperature display and temp controls, which I'd like to avoid if
possible.
I can subvert the thermostat function by setting the setpoint high and/or hacking the internal
sensor, but was wondering if anyone had come across a wireless 'timer only' product
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Harrison wrote:
I'm looking for a timeswitch where the clock/user interface is a battery powered wireless unit,
talking to a remote mains powered receiver with a relay output.

I've seen some wireless CH programmers which will probably do the job if I can't find anything else,
but they tend to have a large temperature display and temp controls, which I'd like to avoid if
possible.
I can subvert the thermostat function by setting the setpoint high and/or hacking the internal
sensor, but was wondering if anyone had come across a wireless 'timer only' product

I can't think offhand of a high volume application for such a device
hence possibly why there is not one on the market.
If you are forced inot to improvisation, maybe a remote controlled
socket might be a cheaper starting point than a CH controller?
The push button unit could be bodged onto an alarm clock or similar pehaps.

Good Luck

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 Oct, 10:59, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Mike Harrison wrote:
[...]

Google 'Wireless timer switch' seems to find several, or have I
misunderstood the requirement?

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:28:49 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan wrote:

On 12 Oct, 10:59, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Mike Harrison wrote:
I'm looking for a timeswitch where the clock/user interface is a battery powered wireless unit,
talking to a remote mains powered receiver with a relay output.

I've seen some wireless CH programmers which will probably do the job if I can't find anything else,
but they tend to have a large temperature display and temp controls, which I'd like to avoid if
possible.
* I can subvert the thermostat function by setting the setpoint high and/or hacking the internal
sensor, but was wondering if anyone had come across a wireless 'timer only' product

I can't think offhand of a high volume application for such a device
hence possibly why there is not one on the market.

I can't see that it's such an obscure requirement to have an accessible timeswitch (and override
button) to control a remote load without wiring - CH is the obvious mass market but there must be
others, although mine is a bit of an extreme-niche application, where neat & professional appearance
is paramount.

If you are forced inot to improvisation, maybe a remote controlled
socket might be a cheaper starting point than a CH controller?
The push button unit could be bodged onto an alarm clock or similar pehaps.

Google 'Wireless timer switch' seems to find several, or have I
misunderstood the requirement?

Jonathan

All I've found so far are wireless timer+thermostat combos, and a Honeywell "wireless time switch "
programmer which is a wired programmer with an internal receiver for wireless temperature sensors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Google 'Wireless timer switch' seems to find several, or have I
misunderstood the requirement?

Jonathan

All *I've found so far are wireless timer+thermostat combos, and a Honeywell "wireless time switch "
programmer which is a wired programmer with an internal receiver for wireless temperature sensors.

What about
http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog...aspx?pid=82440

Jonathan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:26:00 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan wrote:

Google 'Wireless timer switch' seems to find several, or have I
misunderstood the requirement?

Jonathan

All *I've found so far are wireless timer+thermostat combos, and a Honeywell "wireless time switch "
programmer which is a wired programmer with an internal receiver for wireless temperature sensors.

What about
http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog...aspx?pid=82440

Jonathan

Looks a bit of an oddball - looking at the manual it appears to be just an 'on for x mins' when
button pressed thing, not a proper timeswitch