Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ish. DIY Super Heroes

Apparently the current icebreaker at parties & social gatherings is to ask
"If you were a Superhero, what power would you have & why"?

Most males want the power to fly & most females want the power of
invisibility.

I've given this some thought, and I want X-Ray vision.

Think about it, being able to trace all those pipe & cable runs under
floors, behind ceilings etc.

Especially useful when working for fit young women :-)

Mind you, being Spiderman would be great for clearing gutters & stuff. And
how about Heat Vision for plumbers?

And what chance would Iron Man have against Angle Grinder Man?

So what power would you like & why?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 00:02:32 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

So what power would you like & why?

Is WD-40 Man already taken?

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates...

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
So what power would you like & why?

Is WD-40 Man already taken?

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates...

Thomas Prufer

Prufes against corrosion?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
So what power would you like & why?

Is WD-40 Man already taken?

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates...

Thomas Prufer

infallibilty. Hey, I might already have that!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

wrote:
So what power would you like & why?

Is WD-40 Man already taken?

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates...

Thomas Prufer

infallibilty. Hey, I might already have that!

If so, you'd better ask for modesty instead. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
harry wrote:

wrote:
So what power would you like & why?

Is WD-40 Man already taken?

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates...

Thomas Prufer

infallibilty. Hey, I might already have that!

If so, you'd better ask for modesty instead. :-)

The obvious super power is telekinesis, with the ability to manipulate sub
atomic particles of course.
Then you can do what you like including fly and you won't need modesty to be
world dictator.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Apparently the current icebreaker at parties & social gatherings is to ask
"If you were a Superhero, what power would you have & why"?

Most males want the power to fly & most females want the power of
invisibility.

I've given this some thought, and I want X-Ray vision.

Think about it, being able to trace all those pipe & cable runs under
floors, behind ceilings etc.

Especially useful when working for fit young women :-)

Mind you, being Spiderman would be great for clearing gutters & stuff.
And how about Heat Vision for plumbers?

And what chance would Iron Man have against Angle Grinder Man?

So what power would you like & why?

HedgeFundManagerMan

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/10 08:41, Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

HedgeFundManagerMan

I have the power to lose all your money and get strung from a lamppost
when you find me.???

Think you'll be needing the power of invisibility to go with that...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or being
stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock up...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or being
stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock up...

Of course some people would just use it to fetch a beer from the fridge.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:08:04 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or being
stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock up...

Of course some people would just use it to fetch a beer from the fridge.

I know blokes who would "bing" to the wife, tell her to fetch it from
the fridge and then "bing" back to the sofa...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or
being stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock
up...

Of course some people would just use it to fetch a beer from the
fridge.

I know blokes who would "bing" to the wife, tell her to fetch it from
the fridge and then "bing" back to the sofa...

Well you have to keep 'em on their toes haven't you?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Sep, 09:56, Tim Watts wrote:

So what power would you like& *why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or being
stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock up...

Can you teleport the money as well?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On 20 Sep, 09:56, Tim wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

Bing into a bank vault and stock up...

Can you teleport the money as well?

Make some of the fivers into clothes, most teleport devices seem to cope
with clothing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/10 08:16, harry wrote:
On 20 Sep, 09:56, Tim wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or being
stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock up...

Can you teleport the money as well?

I was assuming you could take inanimate materials close to the body, or
some girl's going to get a major shock when you bing in front of her
stark bollock naked! ;-

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 21/09/10 08:16, harry wrote:
On 20 Sep, 09:56, Tim wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or
being stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock
up...

Can you teleport the money as well?

I was assuming you could take inanimate materials close to the body,
or some girl's going to get a major shock when you bing in front of
her stark bollock naked! ;-

If you cannot take inanimate materials close to your body then I say "Give
Women Teleportation Powers"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/10 19:17, ARWadsworth wrote:
Tim wrote:
On 21/09/10 08:16, harry wrote:
On 20 Sep, 09:56, Tim wrote:

So what power would you like& why?

Teleportation.

"Bing" yourself to work, bing back. No more expensive trains or
being stuck in traffic.

In fact, why bother working... Bing into a bank vault and stock
up...

Can you teleport the money as well?

I was assuming you could take inanimate materials close to the body,
or some girl's going to get a major shock when you bing in front of
her stark bollock naked! ;-

If you cannot take inanimate materials close to your body then I say "Give
Women Teleportation Powers"

But pity the poor sod who lives in Croydon with all that going on!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Apparently the current icebreaker at parties & social gatherings is to ask
"If you were a Superhero, what power would you have & why"?

Most males want the power to fly & most females want the power of
invisibility.

I've given this some thought, and I want X-Ray vision.

Think about it, being able to trace all those pipe & cable runs under
floors, behind ceilings etc.

Especially useful when working for fit young women :-)

Mind you, being Spiderman would be great for clearing gutters & stuff. And
how about Heat Vision for plumbers?

And what chance would Iron Man have against Angle Grinder Man?

So what power would you like & why?

I'm "Stand around and add useful comments" man

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Apparently the current icebreaker at parties & social gatherings is
to ask "If you were a Superhero, what power would you have & why"?

Most males want the power to fly & most females want the power of
invisibility.

I've given this some thought, and I want X-Ray vision.

Think about it, being able to trace all those pipe & cable runs under
floors, behind ceilings etc.

Especially useful when working for fit young women :-)

Mind you, being Spiderman would be great for clearing gutters &
stuff. And how about Heat Vision for plumbers?

And what chance would Iron Man have against Angle Grinder Man?

So what power would you like & why?

I'm "Stand around and add useful comments" man

That's not a super hero power.

But what would DenBoy be then?

CCTV inspector man? BTW the old bag on the CCTV footage has been charged for
throwing the cat into the bin.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11375080

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Sep, 22:11, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
geoff wrote:
[...]

Adam- Hide quoted text -

More publicity for the RSPCA..............

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Apparently the current icebreaker at parties & social gatherings is
to ask "If you were a Superhero, what power would you have & why"?

I think a handy one for DIYers would be "Knows exactly where every tool is
in the garage man". If not that, how about "Molegrip man"? ;-)

Tim