Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (Slightly) OT - cordless phone making odd noises

got a binatone combo 2300 cordless. Works fine. But every so often,
the cordless handset will make a series of loud beeps. There's 2
types, a two tone low-high, and a few seconds later a 3 note dir-der-
dah ...

Battery is fine, and the base unit is about 6 m away in another room.

Can anyone shed any light. Manual says nothing about these noises -
they are quite different to the intercom page feature .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:10:52 -0700 (PDT), Jethro wrote:

got a binatone combo 2300 cordless. Works fine. But every so often,
the cordless handset will make a series of loud beeps. There's 2
types, a two tone low-high, and a few seconds later a 3 note dir-der-
dah ...

Battery is fine, and the base unit is about 6 m away in another room.

Can anyone shed any light. Manual says nothing about these noises -
they are quite different to the intercom page feature .....

Probably the handset/base losing connection temporarily. Could be radio interference or a
DECT protocol stack bug, or even a fudge put into the software to reset the protocol stack
in order to fix a software bug they couldn't fix properly.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep, 21:10, Jethro wrote:
got a binatone combo 2300 cordless. Works fine. But every so often,
the cordless handset will make a series of loud beeps. There's 2
types, a two tone low-high, and a few seconds later a 3 note dir-der-
dah ...

Battery is fine, and the base unit is about 6 m away in another room.

Can anyone shed any light. Manual says nothing about these noises -
they are quite different to the intercom page feature .....

no idea of the precise cause - but ours does that too... (branded BT).
Frequently later in the evening when things have quietened down,
although that may be just when we notice. It seems to happen in
'batches' and I've always assumed it was inteference based. I have a
vague memory that the display on the handset may change if you can
happen to see it during the burbles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 9:10*pm, Jethro wrote:
got a binatone combo 2300 cordless. Works fine. But every so often,
the cordless handset will make a series of loud beeps. There's 2
types, a two tone low-high, and a few seconds later a 3 note dir-der-
dah ...

Battery is fine, and the base unit is about 6 m away in another room.

Can anyone shed any light. Manual says nothing about these noises -
they are quite different to the intercom page feature .....

Signal loss (or it thinks theres a signal loss).

Mine is cured by replacing the rechargeable batteries which are
knackerd by being cooked by the crap charger they sell these things
with.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A while back I had a similar problem. I was n't too worried about it but one
time I went to use the phone shortly after the bleeps and heard my earlier
phone conversation being played back! My guess was that a certain friend of
mine whose politics were extreme left to say the least was being bugged.
This made further sense when our wives fell out with each other, the
bleeping stopped after a while. He told me that during the miners strike
they would make plans over the phone to target a certain site and then go
somewhere different. This caused the police to go to the site mentioned on
the phone.

Robbie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 9:10*pm, Jethro wrote:
got a binatone combo 2300 cordless.

Not being facetious but my experience of that brand is that it begins
and ends in Bin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:34:46 +0100, "Roberts" wrote:

A while back I had a similar problem. I was n't too worried about it but one
time I went to use the phone shortly after the bleeps and heard my earlier
phone conversation being played back!

Proof of a software bug. It had got itself into memo record mode, the beeps were just the
indicator to start/stop recording.