Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrostatic Spraying

Comment about spraying outside and painting the neighbourhood in the
Allidle compressor thread reminded me to ask if anyone had tried the
Hammerite Metalmaster electrostatic sprayer.

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/...talmaster.html

Saw the boxes on a shed shelf about £50 and a can of paint for it
£18. The marketing says one can is enough paint for 12m run of 1m
high railings or there abouts. Being electrostatic it's supposed to
"paint both sides at once" which would be useful here with railings
only 6" from the back of the shed thus one side is not that easy to
get at.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
Comment about spraying outside and painting the neighbourhood in the
Allidle compressor thread reminded me to ask if anyone had tried the
Hammerite Metalmaster electrostatic sprayer.

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/...talmaster.html

Saw the boxes on a shed shelf about £50 and a can of paint for it
£18. The marketing says one can is enough paint for 12m run of 1m
high railings or there abouts. Being electrostatic it's supposed to
"paint both sides at once" which would be useful here with railings
only 6" from the back of the shed thus one side is not that easy to
get at.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I have used a lot of Hammerite in the past, it has one big problem when used
outdoors, the 'hammer effect' is where there is a mix of solids and no
solids, where there are do solids .. i.e. the 'pit' this is very thin, ...
this is prone to rust easily.

I used it on many different jobs, and on boat trailers esp., as soon as the
thing does a dip in sal****er, it starts rusting.

I have since moved to using Smoothrite ... seems to me, to be much better.

be warned with Hammerite, if you want to put on a second coat (and you need
at least 2) it has to be done within so many Hrs ... or you have to wait
several weeks before you can re-coat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 21:22:44 +0100, Rick Hughes wrote:

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/...talmaster.html

I have used a lot of Hammerite in the past, it has one big problem when
used outdoors, the 'hammer effect' ...

I don't use the hammered effect Hammersite for just that reason. You
can get the paint for the electro static sprayer in smooth though.

I take it the lack of any other responses means that no one has tried
the device?

--
Cheers
Dave.