Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish: Micra 'Tempest' radiator replacement.

The rad on SWMBO's until this point, super reliable, 8 year old, thrashed
round the clock 3 door manual gearbox Micra, decided to blow last night (we
had been warned it was beginning to leak at the last service, and it now
seems to have parted from its moulding at the bottom).

Now she has had a whole series of Micras, and I did most of the maintenance
and rebuilding if necessary, of the older ones, but I have not had to look
at this one other than bulbs and fuses - and one fun session hammering a
dent out of the spare wheel; and the usual hassles with keys and alarm
systems.

Anyhow, whilst I have been rather too weak to do much of late, looking at
diagrams of new rads seems to indicate I may only have to undo the hoses and
fan, and the thing may just lift out. Oddly enough, I have tried googling
but not come up with the usual handy blow by blow accounts of removal and
replacement.

I wonder the uk.d-i-y sleuthing abilities can either tell me if things are
as straight forward as they look, or point me at some strip down info, and
perhaps advise on the pitfalls to look out for when ordering spares (I've
already signed up to a few online parts finding services, and offers are
already pouring in even at night - but can they be trusted...)

Cheers,

Radiator Replacement david UK diy 3 March 13th 07 08:13 PM
OT micra front discs Guy King UK diy 0 August 4th 06 04:15 PM
OT micra front discs Mathew Newton UK diy 0 August 4th 06 03:24 PM
Radiator - temporary replacement Piers Finlayson UK diy 3 February 16th 06 02:28 PM
Radiator replacement Jampot UK diy 1 July 15th 03 03:34 PM