Posted to uk.d-i-y
mo mo is offline

Default lifting up carpet

As per my thread above on loose floorboards i need to lift up the carpets,
screw the boards down, relay carpet,

they are held down and stretch by gripper rod - the carpet is fairly cheap
stuff and there is no underlay

if i take the carpet off the gripper rods will it be difficult/impossible
to put them back onto the same rods?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 2, 1:31*am, mo wrote:
As per my thread above on loose floorboards i need to lift up the carpets,
screw the boards down, relay carpet,

they are held down and stretch by gripper rod - the carpet is fairly cheap
stuff and there is no underlay

if i take the carpet off the gripper rods will it be difficult/impossible
to put them back onto the same rods?

usually its trivially easy. Now & then the grip rods have rotted adn
the glue under them failed, and you need new ones (£17 for a huge
quantity)

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mo" wrote in message
As per my thread above on loose floorboards i need to lift up the carpets,
screw the boards down, relay carpet,

they are held down and stretch by gripper rod - the carpet is fairly cheap
stuff and there is no underlay

if i take the carpet off the gripper rods will it be difficult/impossible
to put them back onto the same rods?

Watch your toes and fingers on those gripper strips' teeth - esp the wooden
ones are very sharp. If by rods you mean the aluminium grippers that go in
the doorways, the teeth can get flattened or bent back when you pull the
carpet up, so you may want to buy new ones or tease the teeth into the right
position with a screwdriver.