Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - eye test

Went for a free eye test at Tesco in Slough today cos my 20 year old frames
are broken and I need a new pair. Surprisingly my prescription hasn't
changed much more than a jot in nearly 35 years. Back in 1977 I was minus
1.75 dioptres in both eyes (short sighted) with a touch of astigmatism. The
astigmatism moved around a bit over the various tests over the years but the
basic sphere correction has stayed the same. My old specs work just as well
as they ever did. I thought eyes might get worse over time but apparently
not. I'm still minus 1.75 in both eyes and can still read the smallest print
on the charts despite the inevitable eye lense hardening over the years.

Do other people find the same or do eyes generally get worse over time?
--
Dave Baker