Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bernzomatic torches: where have they gone?

Hi,

I just wondered what had happened to bernzomatic torches. They were
stocked in all the sheds until recently and I thought they were well
regarded on this group. At first I thought the sheds had switched to a
cheaper supplier but using google I can find few places selling them;
most hits seem to be to "no longer available" or "discontinued" pages.
I thought bernzomatic were part of the Irwin giant, so I would be
surprised if they had gone out of business. What happened and what
torch do you recommend for the odd end feed plumbing fitting (15 and
22mm, nothing huge.

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2010 01:49, John Rumm wrote:

surprised if they had gone out of business. What happened and what
torch do you recommend for the odd end feed plumbing fitting (15 and
22mm, nothing huge.

Rothenberger do some equally nice torches.

Heck, even a crappy torch will do the odd plumbing fitting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rothenberger do some equally nice torches.

I bought a Rothenberger SureFire2, and it's *fantastic*, chalk and
cheese compared to propane/butane torches (it uses MAPP Pro gas).

They are a hunk of cash compared to cheapie torches, but if you can
justify it over the long term, you will love the instantaneous full
power and the clout to reflow even 28mm joints and/or wet(drained)
pipes in a very few seconds.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 3:35:37 PM UTC-6, Fred wrote:
Hi,

I just wondered what had happened to bernzomatic torches. They were
stocked in all the sheds until recently and I thought they were well
regarded on this group. At first I thought the sheds had switched to a
cheaper supplier but using google I can find few places selling them;
most hits seem to be to "no longer available" or "discontinued" pages.
I thought bernzomatic were part of the Irwin giant, so I would be
surprised if they had gone out of business. What happened and what
torch do you recommend for the odd end feed plumbing fitting (15 and
22mm, nothing huge.

TIA

gonzo. victor has torches available high quality & pricey profesinal quality for the pro not for the home user unless you got the bucks. will last forever. check out turbo torch by victor.