Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ecosheet?

http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Spamlet"
saying something like:

http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

They're pitching it as superior to shuttering ply, which is fairly tough
stuff. Certainly seems as if it might be as good as or superior to WBP
ply. One to keep an eye on, if the price is right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 June, 20:30, "Spamlet" wrote:
http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. *Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

Fecking expensive. I considered this stuff for my green roof. They'd
barely talk to me, they wouldn't take in sensible quantities, and when
they did come down to talk prices it might as well have been Honduran
mahogany.

At least the other lot doing a similar product (sparkly ex-cellphones,
pink wellies and shredded money too) are expensive, but helpful to one-
off furniture makers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 29 June, 20:30, "Spamlet" wrote:
http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport,
who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest
d-i-yers?

Fecking expensive. I considered this stuff for my green roof. They'd
barely talk to me, they wouldn't take in sensible quantities, and when
they did come down to talk prices it might as well have been Honduran
mahogany.

At least the other lot doing a similar product (sparkly ex-cellphones,
pink wellies and shredded money too) are expensive, but helpful to one-
off furniture makers.

And who might 'the other lot' be prey?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And who might 'the other lot' be prey?

Giant killer Buzzards of course.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon wrote
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Spamlet"
saying something like:

http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

They're pitching it as superior to shuttering ply, which is fairly tough
stuff. Certainly seems as if it might be as good as or superior to WBP
ply. One to keep an eye on, if the price is right.

It possibly breaks down in sunlight (UV) and gets brittle in a few
years. Possibly not a problem with the stated usage.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 June, 23:09, "Spamlet" wrote:

At least the other lot doing a similar product (sparkly ex-cellphones,
pink wellies and shredded money too) are expensive, but helpful to one-
off furniture makers.

And who might 'the other lot' be prey?

http://www.smile-plastics.co.uk/

There's also Centriforce in Liverpool and Barsmark north of Newcastle,
who make similar but different sheets from recycled plastics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spamlet wrote:

"Andy wrote in message
On 29 June, 20:30, wrote:
http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport,
who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest
d-i-yers?

Fecking expensive. I considered this stuff for my green roof. They'd
barely talk to me, they wouldn't take in sensible quantities, and when
they did come down to talk prices it might as well have been Honduran
mahogany.

Seems they're aiming it as a reusable alternative for cases where OSB or
WBP is used and then chucked away, how many 8x4 sheets are used to
encase building sites thesedays?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 June, 20:30, "Spamlet" wrote:
http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. *Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

All the manufacturer-recommended applications are for temporary work.

What makes it unsuitable for permanent use?

If UV-degradation, why can't it be coated or used in non-exposed
locations?

Does it have a problem with flammability/fire-resistance compared to
the plywood equivalent?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 29, 8:30*pm, "Spamlet" wrote:
http://www.ecosheet.com/products/formworks/

Just heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who
claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. *Possible interest to
d-i-yers?

sounds like stockboard, which is far too expensive

NT