Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Caravans

Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to charge a
battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it occasionally?
Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from their windows out to
the 'van?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it
occasionally? Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from their
windows out to the 'van?

It'll be on a trickle-charger/conditioner. Keeps it ready to rock at all
times, without overcharging or letting the battery go flat, either of
which will reduce the battery's life expectancy.

On our occasionally-used cars, I just pull the earth lead when it's not
in use. Seems to do the job quite nicely...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it
occasionally? Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from
their windows out to the 'van?

John,

There are several reasons for this, and if you pop over to
uk.rec.motorcaravans they will give you all the answers.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to charge a
battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it occasionally?
Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from their windows out to
the 'van?

can be. like getting the rather pathetic fridges down to temperature
that the gas or 12v supply can almost maintain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to charge a
battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it occasionally?
Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from their windows out to
the 'van?

Keeps the battery charged and keeps the fridge cold, so you don't have
to clean the fridge/wait for it to cool before each trip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal?

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal?

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

Hmm! P'ing off cyclists and now being aggressive to those so considerate
caravan users. What did you eat tonight?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal?

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

--

That reminds me of the time I was towing my caravan and thr driver behind
was getting grumpy at my speed

He overtook where he really should not have done and nearly hit the
overloaded builders van in front of me that had been holding me up for miles

I suppose you could argue that it was still my fault as he couldn't see past
me however

don't get me started on tradesmans vehicles

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal?

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

Well don't get me started on those who profess to be professionals and
really know sod-all. Rather like you eh...

BTW, have you managed to discover the difference between the Health and
Safety Executive and the Trading Standards Department yet?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have
extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to
charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal?

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

Well don't get me started on those who profess to be professionals and
really know sod-all. Rather like you eh...

Who rattled your cage ****wit? Whats the problem? Giro late? Incontinence
pads chaffing? Chalfonts playing up?

Does anyone have any idea what the **** is on about?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 9:50*am, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-

Does anyone have any idea what he is on about?

He is probably considering the various reasons you may have had to
post on the thread.

I'm wondering why he risked getting replies from idiots when all he
had to do is go and ask the neighbours.

Maybe he likes annoying people like you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Unbeliever"
saying something like:

Well don't get me started on those who profess to be professionals and
really know sod-all. Rather like you eh...

BTW, have you managed to discover the difference between the Health and
Safety Executive and the Trading Standards Department yet?

Still being a poisonous arsehole, I see.