Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chest Freezer question

I have an old Scandiluxe CF 1066 chest freezer. I can't find the
manual for it or find one online.

It has three square indicator lamps in the bottom right corner at the
front, as follows:

Red = Alarm
Green = Control
Orange = Quick Freeze

The Quick Freeze lamp also acts as a button and the freezer sounds
like it's doing something when that button is pressed (and of course
it lights up).

However, my wife seems to think that the Green 'Control' lamp is on
all the time, yet I'm sure that I've seen it unlit from time to time.

Should Control be on all the time?

What does it do?

Is it usually only on when the thermostat kicks in and the freezer is
cooling down some more?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jamma-plusser" wrote in message
Red = Alarm
Green = Control
Orange = Quick Freeze

I've got a prehistoric BeeKay which has similar lights. Red - temperature
above that set on the dial. Green - mains ON. Orange - rapid freeze. So, in
normal use you should just have the green.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamma-plusser wrote:
I have an old Scandiluxe CF 1066 chest freezer. I can't find the
manual for it or find one online.

It has three square indicator lamps in the bottom right corner at the
front, as follows:

Red = Alarm
Green = Control
Orange = Quick Freeze

The Quick Freeze lamp also acts as a button and the freezer sounds
like it's doing something when that button is pressed (and of course
it lights up).

However, my wife seems to think that the Green 'Control' lamp is on
all the time, yet I'm sure that I've seen it unlit from time to time.

Should Control be on all the time?

What does it do?

Is it usually only on when the thermostat kicks in and the freezer is
cooling down some more?

I agree with Roger. Our Whirlpool upright freezer has Red=Alarm, Green=Mains
on and Orange=Fastfreeze. I think that's fairly universal and can't think of
any freezers in the family where the lights mean anything different.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamma-plusser wrote:
I have an old Scandiluxe CF 1066 chest freezer. I can't find the
manual for it or find one online.

It has three square indicator lamps in the bottom right corner at the
front, as follows:

Red = Alarm
Green = Control
Orange = Quick Freeze

The Quick Freeze lamp also acts as a button and the freezer sounds
like it's doing something when that button is pressed (and of course
it lights up).

However, my wife seems to think that the Green 'Control' lamp is on
all the time, yet I'm sure that I've seen it unlit from time to time.

Should Control be on all the time?

What does it do?

Is it usually only on when the thermostat kicks in and the freezer is
cooling down some more?

Thanks

http://mis17.mindworking.dk/vestfros...stfrost/80.pdf

Green lamp would appear to be power on. (Page 6).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:05:44 +0100, Dave Osborne
wrote:

http://mis17.mindworking.dk/vestfros...stfrost/80.pdf

Green lamp would appear to be power on. (Page 6).

Excellent, many thanks to you and the other two posters. :-)

The manual that you linked to isn't for my model, although it's
similar. Thanks anyhow.

The freezer is most definitely on (it's making its usual noises as I
type) - in which case it looks like the bulb for the green indicator
has blown.

The thing is, how the heck do I remove the panel in order to replace
the bulb ............ in the manual linked to, the instructions to
replace the bulb(s) don't seem to apply to my model.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://mis17.mindworking.dk/vestfros...stfrost/80.pdf

Green lamp would appear to be power on. (Page 6).

Excellent, many thanks to you and the other two posters. :-)

The manual that you linked to isn't for my model,

I know. That's why I used the word "appear" in my last post.

although it's
similar. Thanks anyhow.

The freezer is most definitely on (it's making its usual noises as I
type) - in which case it looks like the bulb for the green indicator
has blown.

The thing is, how the heck do I remove the panel in order to replace
the bulb ............ in the manual linked to, the instructions to
replace the bulb(s) don't seem to apply to my model.

The "bulb" for the green indicator is a neon lamp and is not a
user-serviceable part.

The bulb referred to in the user instructions (page 9) is the lamp which
comes on when you open the lid to illuminate the inside of the chest.

HTH.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:47:57 +0100, Dave Osborne
wrote:

The "bulb" for the green indicator is a neon lamp and is not a
user-serviceable part.

I'm sure I could find a suitable neon lamp and replace it if only I
could remove the panel - I repair electronics PCBs you see. :-)

Just need to get the panel off without damaging the freezer - is does
slide a bit from side to side so I'm thinking that it clips on

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The "bulb" for the green indicator is a neon lamp and is not a
user-serviceable part.

I'm sure I could find a suitable neon lamp and replace it if only I
could remove the panel - I repair electronics PCBs you see. :-)

Just need to get the panel off without damaging the freezer - is does
slide a bit from side to side so I'm thinking that it clips on

If not you can always fit a neon somewhere else, like in the mains
plug.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 May 2010 02:09:24 -0700 (PDT), NT wrote:

Just need to get the panel off without damaging the freezer - is

does
slide a bit from side to side so I'm thinking that it clips on

Careful and slow examination with gentle prying on bits that move the
most can normally find out how things come apart.

If not you can always fit a neon somewhere else, like in the mains
plug.

Post the fuse... B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 22, 1:59*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2010 02:09:24 -0700 (PDT), NT wrote:
Just need to get the panel off without damaging the freezer - is

does
slide a bit from side to side so I'm thinking that it clips on

Careful and slow examination with gentle prying on bits that move the
most can normally find out how things come apart.

If not you can always fit a neon somewhere else, like in the mains
plug.

Post the fuse... *B-)

Yes though if you use a safety resistor and keep the unfused live
away from the others it can be ahead of it

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2010 02:09:24 -0700 (PDT), NT wrote:
Just need to get the panel off without damaging the freezer - is

does
slide a bit from side to side so I'm thinking that it clips on

Careful and slow examination with gentle prying on bits that move the
most can normally find out how things come apart.

If not you can always fit a neon somewhere else, like in the mains
plug.

Post the fuse... *B-)

Yes though if you use a safety resistor and keep the unfused live
away from the others it can be ahead of it

But you have then lost indication of fuse failure!

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.