Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Great Repeal Act

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

I'm not entirely sure weather anyone will take any notice of this, but
it might be worth a browse.

Part P is mentioned, but the reasoning text submitted by someone is
utter ********. I've left a comment on the discussion page with a view
to rewriting that bit.

Part L isn't mentioned yet

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/10 21:37, Tim Watts wrote:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

I'm not entirely sure weather anyone will take any notice of this, but

^^ whether

Must be going dyslexic or something...

it might be worth a browse.

Part P is mentioned, but the reasoning text submitted by someone is
utter ********. I've left a comment on the discussion page with a view
to rewriting that bit.

Part L isn't mentioned yet

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 21:37, Tim Watts wrote:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

I'm not entirely sure weather anyone will take any notice of this, but
it might be worth a browse.

Part P is mentioned, but the reasoning text submitted by someone is
utter ********. I've left a comment on the discussion page with a view
to rewriting that bit.

Part L isn't mentioned yet

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.

can't help thinking this is not really going anyway - some of the
stuff listed as "wrong" is verging on the ludicrous - Listed
Buildings, Firearms, Foxes?

Cheers
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/10 21:43, JimK wrote:
On 13 May, 21:37, Tim wrote:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

I'm not entirely sure weather anyone will take any notice of this, but
it might be worth a browse.

Part P is mentioned, but the reasoning text submitted by someone is
utter ********. I've left a comment on the discussion page with a view
to rewriting that bit.

Part L isn't mentioned yet

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.

can't help thinking this is not really going anyway - some of the
stuff listed as "wrong" is verging on the ludicrous - Listed
Buildings, Firearms, Foxes?

Cheers
JimK

I suspect not. But it's source isn't some random person, it is:

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4...ew_law_online/

Clacton and Harwich MP Douglas Carswell, who appears to have created the
page back last year.

I like the principle, but the standard of comments, and as you point
out, the issues, indicate sadly that many of the electorate aren't very
well informed so no one will listen to them anyway.

I think, re Part P and part L, letters to one's own MP is the better
bet, and the more traditional way. At least in principle, he can pass
them to the Minister responsible directly even if he can't be arsed to
act on them himself (or even understand the issues). Let's face it - why
would my millionaire ex banker MP care about windows - he's the last
person who's likely to dirty his hands when he can get a "little man" in.
--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
On 13 May, 21:37, Tim Watts wrote:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

I'm not entirely sure weather anyone will take any notice of this, but
it might be worth a browse.

Part P is mentioned, but the reasoning text submitted by someone is
utter ********. I've left a comment on the discussion page with a view
to rewriting that bit.

Part L isn't mentioned yet

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.

can't help thinking this is not really going anyway - some of the
stuff listed as "wrong" is verging on the ludicrous - Listed
Buildings, Firearms, Foxes?

No, there are good reasons for all three.

Listed buildings are being left to rot, because the rules make them too
expensive to fix to te current standards.

The ban on handguns is ludiocrous, since anyone with a license ipso
facto wont use it for criminal activity, and anyone without a license is
already in breach of the law.

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

Let them all go into a big field and kill each other. We need the living
space.

Cheers
JimK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/10 21:43, JimK wrote:
On 13 May, 21:37, Tim wrote:
[...]

Because he is your elected representative, and if you say you represent
a very large on-line community, he bloody well should listen, not
because he cares personally, but because he is a bloody professional
politician, and it is his JOB to care, and you put him where he is, and
you can sack him in 5 years. Or, if he is a total arse, you can go to
his boss, and vent your spleen there, and try and get him sacked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms.

Not just the horses, half the riders have huge arses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 738831 20100513 231832 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Martin wrote:
in 738831 20100513 231832 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2010 08:34, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

Around here we don't have a hunt and foxes are routinely shot.

I wonder what would happen if those who see foxes as desirable bundles
of fun suddenly decided that rats were similarly cute and adorable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Martin wrote:
in 738831 20100513 231832 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

My poiunt was that we should repeal the right to life of fox hunters,
anti fox hunters and foxes, and et them get on with it.

But as for foxes having te same 'right to life' as me? what on earth
does that MEAN.

The law hasn't stopped foxes being killed anyway, just made it a messier
and more potentially full of suffering way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:
[...]

Lotsa people keep pet rats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

Around here we don't have a hunt and foxes are routinely shot.

I wonder what would happen if those who see foxes as desirable bundles
of fun suddenly decided that rats were similarly cute and adorable.

Lotsa people keep pet rats.

It doesn't seem to me much of a jump at all to go from distinguishing
pet rats from feral rats to considering them all worthy of a right to life.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:
Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

Around here we don't have a hunt and foxes are routinely shot.

I wonder what would happen if those who see foxes as desirable bundles
of fun suddenly decided that rats were similarly cute and adorable.

Lotsa people keep pet rats.

It doesn't seem to me much of a jump at all to go from distinguishing
pet rats from feral rats to considering them all worthy of a right to life.

Indeed. I think antibiotics should be banned as being against bacterial
rights to life.

And veggies should be hung for murdering cabbages,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

And cockroaches?

Not to mention mushrooms.

Cut off in their prime, poor things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,

Roger Chapman wrote:
[...]

Most dictionaries distinguish between the two spellings, where "hanged" is
specifically for "kill by hanging" wheras hung is a generic past tense for
hang.

So I'd go for hanged, assuming the intention of killing veggies by hanging,
and not just stringing them up without certain death.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

In article ,

Roger Chapman wrote:
Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.
Around here we don't have a hunt and foxes are routinely shot.

I wonder what would happen if those who see foxes as desirable bundles
of fun suddenly decided that rats were similarly cute and adorable.
Lotsa people keep pet rats.
It doesn't seem to me much of a jump at all to go from distinguishing
pet rats from feral rats to considering them all worthy of a right to
life.
Indeed. I think antibiotics should be banned as being against bacterial
rights to life.

And veggies should be hung for murdering cabbages,
hanged.

hung.

Why, are you planning to send the carcasses to the local butcher's after
they've hung for a while?

why not?

cant waste all that good protein.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:
In article ,

Roger Chapman wrote:
[...]

I am all for stringing them up without certain death.

Let the crows pick out their eyes., Crows have a right to do that, you
know. Its part of racial ethnic culture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least

gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Not here he doesn't - we lost 12 chickens and a cockerel last night -
foxes are a plague

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Martin
writes
in 738831 20100513 231832 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Tell that to anyone who keeps chickens, ducks, etc.

It might have a right to life, but it's still vermin, like rats and
rabbits.

A fox killed several of my sister's chickens, and was eventually shot.
One hen survived despite the loss of one leg, and has been named Peggy,
as in peg leg.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least

gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Not here he doesn't - we lost 12 chickens and a cockerel last night -
foxes are a plague

Were they killed humanely?

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message

8

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be killed,
but about in what manner.

People are vectors for HIV, and lots of other killers, what method do you
suggest for killing people off?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

Not here he doesn't - we lost 12 chickens and a cockerel last night -
foxes are a plague

I blame the poor state of DIY on fences on pens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 738909 20100514 083459 "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
in 738831 20100513 231832 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets a
bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

Colin Bignell

"Vermin" is a human definition - and a selfish one at that.
There's only one species on the planet which is slowly destroying it,
and it's us. The planet would be better off without humans, but I doubt
a few foxes make the slightest bit of difference.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
m...

8

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever
take hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should
be killed, but about in what manner.

People are vectors for HIV, and lots of other killers, what method do
you suggest for killing people off?

Dennis, you are an endless source of inspiration on that topic

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least gets
a bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Not wanting to start a fight here Bob, but who grants this 'right to life'?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Foxhunting is a dead issue. No one gives a damn, least of all the
police, if a bunch of bearded lunatics in sandals want to throw
themselves under the hooves of a bunch of ****ed up lunatics in red
coats on horses with large bottoms. On account of a ratty verminous
creature that probably ought to be extinct anyway, and at least
gets a bit of exercise before it gets its neck broken. Unlike some
people.

The fox has the same right to life that you do - whatever that is.

Foxes are vermin and a potential vector for rabies should it ever take
hold in Britain. The question is not about whether they should be
killed, but about in what manner.

The Medway Towns seems to be plauged by urban foxes lately. We have a
family of 5 living under next doors shed. We have to put our bin bags out 5
mins before the truck arrives or they are torn to shreds. I assembled a
'bin store' for a customer today who has the same trouble.

Currently trying to make the garden fox proof.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 May, 00:26, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Don't waste your time - buy a shotgun or lay some poison. They are
vermin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
wrote:
[...]

Bin bags? We have wheelie bins in Yorkshi-)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 May 2010 12:56:18 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Bin bags? We have wheelie bins in Yorkshi-)

Bags here, wheelie bins are just so slow, probably OK in an urban
enviroment with operatives wheeling bins to small groups where
another one loads them onto the wagon and another operative returns
them (ha!). Round here the wheels on the wagon hardly stop turning
when our bag is collected, blink and you'll miss it. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes

wrote:
[...]

That's because you can't invade a pitch with a bin bag

--
geoff