Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No TV In Most of Oxfordshire..

ISTR that someone was having TV reception problems here in this area the
other day..

Well seems to have made a very good job of it now;!..

Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8680692.stm
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2010 17:30, tony sayer wrote:

ISTR that someone was having TV reception problems here in this area the
other day..

Well seems to have made a very good job of it now;!..

Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8680692.stm

Who let Billy Mitchell up the mast?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message

ISTR that someone was having TV reception problems here in this area the
other day..

Well seems to have made a very good job of it now;!..

Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8680692.stm
--
Tony Sayer

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 13, 5:30*pm, tony sayer wrote:
ISTR that someone was having TV reception problems here in this area the
other day..

Well seems to have made a very good job of it now;!..

Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8680692.stm
--
Tony Sayer

LOL! Turns out the aerial is pointing that way, despite what I said.
Ho hum.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 May 2010 19:38:57 +0100, "John"
wrote:

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Or, possibly, a book or two?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad back..

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

She could still watch Channel 5, which wasn't affected.

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? *No BBC iPlayer?

Given some reports of the seriousness of the fire, and worries about
part of the structure collapsing, I'm surprised how quickly the
service was restored.

MBQ

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
..com, Man at B&Q scribeth thus
wrote:

[...]

It wasn't as serious as they originally thought. Seems there wasn't much
if any structural damage just a few burnt panels and cables.

Has happened before, pity they didn't have an angle grinder handy to
hack away at the ice on the ladder;!...

About 2 or so mins in .. enjoy;!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qqva2pB63c
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we
got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and
Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with
me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad
back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Or, possibly, a book or two?

Now you are being silly. A book?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as:
Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we
got
back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and
Emmerdale, in
the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with
me
now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad
back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Or, possibly, a book or two?

Now you are being silly. A book?

Perhaps if the book contained vouchers towards the cost of adult
literacy classes?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2010-05-13 22:05:36 +0100, S Viemeister said:

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Or, possibly, a book or two?

I'd assumed the reason the IP posted this to uk.d-i-y was because
having no signal enabled people in Oxfordshire to break free from the
hypnotic effect of TV and do some DIY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2010-05-13 22:05:36 +0100, S Viemeister said:

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable,
Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Or, possibly, a book or two?

I'd assumed the reason the IP posted this to uk.d-i-y was because having
no signal enabled people in Oxfordshire to break free from the hypnotic
effect of TV and do some DIY.

The book I suggested was, of course, the Collins manual...