Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default follow up to heat recovery ventilator thread.

I have decided that the *through the wall* unit will annoy users of the
bath as the only practical location will direct the returning air stream
directly at them.

The current plan is to fit the Vent Axia *integra* unit and duct air
from kitchen, bathroom and toilet. The unit can be hung within some
suspended ceiling so out of sight and hopefully vibration free.

Any comments welcomed.

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2010 19:12, Tim Lamb wrote:
I have decided that the *through the wall* unit will annoy users of
the bath as the only practical location will direct the returning air
stream directly at them.

The current plan is to fit the Vent Axia *integra* unit and duct air
from kitchen, bathroom and toilet. The unit can be hung within some
suspended ceiling so out of sight and hopefully vibration free.

Any comments welcomed.

regards

The fan uses 32Watts minimum,180Watts max,have you done the sums, energy
saved minus fan energy used, capital costs vesrus pay back period? I
must have missed the original thread ( your ref to "follow up").

Don
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Donwill
writes
On 15/04/2010 19:12, Tim Lamb wrote:
I have decided that the *through the wall* unit will annoy users of
the bath as the only practical location will direct the returning air
stream directly at them.

The current plan is to fit the Vent Axia *integra* unit and duct air
from kitchen, bathroom and toilet. The unit can be hung within some
suspended ceiling so out of sight and hopefully vibration free.

Any comments welcomed.

regards

The fan uses 32Watts minimum,180Watts max,have you done the sums,
energy saved minus fan energy used, capital costs vesrus pay back
period? I must have missed the original thread ( your ref to "follow
up").

Yes. I had originally considered a Kair K-HRV150/12RH

The issue is condensation/mould in a tenanted flat. Simple
kitchen/bathroom air extract might cure but recovering some of the room
heat seems attractive as returned air will not feel so cold.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Donwill
writes
[...]

My bathroom fan extracts straight through the wall. I know that there is
some heat loss but nothing that worries me. I certainly could not get
payback on an expensive unit like the vent axia integra. Most of the year I
have no heating on and so a heat recovery system will actually be doing
nothing for that period.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
The issue is condensation/mould in a tenanted flat. Simple
kitchen/bathroom air extract might cure but recovering some of the room
heat seems attractive as returned air will not feel so cold.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

My bathroom fan extracts straight through the wall. I know that there is
some heat loss but nothing that worries me. I certainly could not get
payback on an expensive unit like the vent axia integra. Most of the year I
have no heating on and so a heat recovery system will actually be doing
nothing for that period.

You have to consider the psychology of tenants aspect:-)
If they believe the extracted heat is being recovered they are less
likely to find ways of turning the fans off!

regards

--
Tim Lamb