DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Safety Glass (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2994-safety-glass.html)

Trab Nospmis October 25th 03 10:37 PM

Safety Glass

Was fitting my new shower enclosure when the inevitable happened: one
of the panes slipped a couple of cm and the edge hit the shower tray -
and the whole thing exploded into a million pieces...........

I obviously won't be able to anything until Monday, but out of
curiosity how do people go about replacing things like that. Will I
have to get back to the Shower manufacturer (Coram) for a new pane ,
or can I order it from my local glazier ? I know it can't be cut, so I
guess it will have to be specially ordered. And how much is the stuff
anyway (I need 4mm 175x60cm): not cheap probably. All the trim and
frame is okay (I've cleaned it out of the glue and glass), so if I do
get back to Coram will I be able to just get the pane, or will they
try to sell me the pane with framework ?

Ta

Steve

Andy Dingley October 26th 03 12:37 PM

Safety Glass

On 25 Oct 2003 21:55:24 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Any glazier will be able to supply toughened glass.

Any _good_ glazier. It's getting increasingly hard to find one, out
of that big listing in Yellow Pages. Don't be surprised if the first
few calls don't deliver.